Sternwheel Fest: Photos
Each year, the Ohio River Sternwheel Festival committee organizes a photography contest to help provide artwork for the following year’s festival program.
Interested photographers can submit color prints. The contest no longer accepts slides for submission.
Pictures taken during this year’s festival will be judged later this year and then used in promotional materials for the 2019 festival. Due to the number of repeat participants, organizers said it is not uncommon for some of the photographers to win prizes year after year.
The 2017 winners were: first, Kimberly Smrek; second, Jackie Tepe; third, Jackie Tepe; special honorable mentions, J.D. Pauley, Jewel Meaux Church (two pictures) and Mark Bryant; honorable mentions, Asher Doak (two pictures), Paul Frye Jr., Diana Nolf and Jackie Tepe.
The rules of the 2018 Ohio River Sternwheel Festival Photography Contest are:
– All entries must be taken at the 2018 festival, which will be held Friday through Sunday at the Ohio River Levee in downtown Marietta.
– Entries may be entered in the print category. With color prints, the print must be 5 by 7 inches in size or larger. It may not be matted but may be backed. Digital photos must be printed on photo quality paper and accompanied by a disc.
– Entry forms are available at http://ohioriversternwheelfestival.org/photo–contest. Participants may submit up to six photos and should put their names, address and phone number on each entry.
– The prizes are $100 for first place, $75 for second place and $50 for third place. Honorable mentions will also be picked.
– Winners will have their photographs — with full photo credit — printed in the following year’s Sternwheel Festival program. Vertical pictures will have a better chance of being printed on the front and inside front cover of the program.
Winning photographs may also be used in brochures and promotions of the Ohio River Sternwheel Festival with full photo credit to the photographer. Original prints and negatives of all entrants will be kept by the festival committee for a period of one year so quality reproductions can be made.
– There will be no dropoff points. All entries should be sent to: Ohio River Sternwheel Festival, c/o Photo Contest, P.O. Box 2109, Marietta, OH 45750.
– The deadline for entries is Oct. 13.
– Judging will be done at the Lafayette Hotel in Marietta at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 2.