Trailer fire claims victim

From local reports

BOAZ — A man injured in a house fire in Boaz Monday has died, according to the West Virginia Fire Marshal’s Office.

The 59-year-old man, whose name has not been released by investigators, died Wednesday, said Courtney Rosemond, public information specialist for the Fire Marshal’s Office.

The man was severely burned when a trailer at 147 Onward Road in the Shawnee Mobile Home Park caught fire Monday afternoon. The fire was determined to be accidental, caused by an electrical issue.

A 31-year-old woman was also injured in the fire. No update was immediately available on her condition.

Both people were taken to Marietta Memorial Hospital after the fire, but an attempt to confirm whether they had been transferred to another facility or facilities was unsuccessful Thursday.