OVU’s lecture series April 14-17
VIENNA, W.Va. – Ohio Valley University will offer its 55th annual Lectureship Series from April 14-17 at the University’s main campus in Vienna. This year’s theme is Witnesses to the Ohio Valley, the Northeast, and the Ends of the Earth.
For four days, attendees can learn from keynote speakers and participate in breakout sessions. The classes and lectures are free and open to the public.
There are two special dinner opportunities.
– The Pace Dinner is Monday, April 15 at 4:30 p.m. at the OVU Roberts Chapel. Advanced registration is required and the cost is $10.
– The Lectureship Dinner is Tuesday, April 16 at 4:30 p.m. at the OVU Roberts Chapel. Cost for this dinner is $12 and tickets may be purchased on Monday of the series.
The keynote speakers for the series are:
– Bob Brown of Douglas County Church of Christ in Highlands Ranch, Colo.
– Steve Curo of Castle Rock Church of Christ in Castle Rock, Colo.
– Dr. Evertt Huffard, dean of Harding School of Theology in Memphis, Tenn.
– Dr. Jerry Macon of West Broadway Church of Christ in Louisville, Ky.
– Melvin Otey of Georgia Avenue Church of Christ in Washington, D.C.
– James “Pat” Pugh of Cincinnati Urban Ministry Outreach in Cincinnati, Ohio.
There are several other featured speakers for topical sessions, including several speakers for OVU’s own leadership and faculty.
Displays and representatives from the University and various brotherhood organizations will be displayed in the Alumni Gymnasium throughout the lectureship.