• A deputy responded to 8662 County Road 9, Lawrence Township, on July 28 for a disturbance call. Jodie Miller was causing a disturbance at that location, arguing with family members. Bethany Yencha, of Park Avenue, Parkersburg, reported Miller yelling racial profanities and striking Yencha in the face. Jodie Dawn Miller, 35, of 255 Silver Globe Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest for assault and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• During a traffic stop July 29 on Ohio 7 in Marietta Township, the driver, Joseph Hefner, had bloodshot and glassy eyes and admitted to having an alcoholic beverage or two earlier in the day. Hefner submitted to a series of field sobriety tests, which he performed poorly on, and failed to complete a PBT. Joseph Pete Hefner, 27, of 411 Barkwill St., St. Marys, W.Va., was placed under arrest for OVI and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• Deputies responded to 1308 Williamson Ave., New Matamoras, on July 29 after it was reported that Calvin Valentine and another male subject were attempting to attack a subject in that area. Deputies patrolled for the subjects and located Valentine and Gabriel Lamp. Both were yelling, screaming profanity and being belligerent, refusing to cooperate and with deputies. Gabriel Michael Zane Lamp, 19, of 618 Main St., New Matamoras, and Calvin Mickael Valentine, 20, of 5215 State Route 260, New Matamoras, were placed under arrest for disorderly conduct, cease and desist.
• A deputy, along with the Beverly Waterford and Center Township volunteer fire departments responded to Adkins Timber Products, 22180 State Route 60, on July 29 in reference to mulch being on fire. The fire was extinguished by fire personnel.
• On July 29, a deputy responded to Park Avenue in New Matamoras after being informed that Gary Beagle may have violated a protection order put in place by Luticia Beagle. Gary Beagle was found to have been at the residence of Luticia several times on July 28. A warrant is being requested for Gary D. Beagle, 33, of 1208 Park Ave., New Matamoras, for violation of a protection order.
• Deputies were dispatched to 27400 State Route 7, Lot 43, on July 29 for an incident of domestic violence. Jennifer Sample said her boyfriend, Brett S. Edwards, threw a box fan at her. Deputies placed Brett Sumner Edwards, 28, under arrest for domestic violence .
• A deputy responded to 26935 State Route 7, Marietta, Monday for a reported domestic violence incident. Lynn Goodwin reported her son, Tyler Edward Goodwin, 20, was upset over not having a ride into town and began throwing things. Goodwin had broken a closet door, a TV and a lamp and slapped Lynn in the head. Tyler was not home upon the deputy arriving therefore a warrant is being requested for Tyler Goodwin on charges of domestic violence and criminal damaging.
• On Thursday, Tara and Thomas Marvin, of Clark Drive, Marietta, reported that they were asleep when they woke to two males in their home. The Marvins reported the subjects jumped out a bedroom window after being found. Deputies observed a vehicle in the proximity. The occupants, two juveniles, were found to be the subjects that had been in the Marvin residence. They had cash and piggy banks that were stolen from the Marvin’s home. Deputies located a sawed off shotgun inside the vehicle, along with money and night vision devices outside the residence. Both juveniles are being charged with delinquency by burglary and were transported to the Juvenile Center.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Patrick David Runnion, 45, of 211 Grant St., St. Marys, W.Va., was arrested on warrants for domestic violence and drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors.
• Tanner John Smith, 23, of 901 Cisler Lane, Marietta, was arrested on warrants for possession of drugs and failure to appear, felonies.
• Ezra Lee Rathburn, 23, of 32859 McCumber Hill Road, Rutland, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Kimberly Ann Wood, 59, of 517 S. High St., Woodsfield, was arrested for assault, a misdemeanor.
• Tina Marie Curry, 51, of 220 Spring St., Marietta, was arrested for theft, breach of recognizance and drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.