• On Friday, the Major Crimes Task Force executed a search warrant at 25 Maple St., Apt. 2, Newport, where agents located Reed Mason Byers and a female. Agents searched the residence and located seven individual bags of suspected methamphetamine, a schedule II controlled substance, totaling 17.76 grams. The bulk amount on a schedule II controlled substance is 3 grams. Agents also located 10 firearms, a set of digital scales and a plastic pill bottle containing a brown powder consistent with heroin. The weight of the pill bottle including the suspected heroin is 57.04 grams. The residence is within 1,000 feet of Newport Elementary School. Reed Mason Byers, 25, of 25 Maple St., Apt. 2, Newport, was placed under arrest for trafficking methamphetamine in an amount greater than or equal to five times bulk but less than 50 times bulk with in the vicinity of a school, a first-degree felony.
• A deputy was dispatched to Warren Township on Wednesday in reference to a possible burglary complaint. After learning of the circumstances pertaining to the incident, it was determined to be unfounded and the case is closed at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to 98 Emory Lane, Little Hocking, on Thursday in reference to an unauthorized use of a motor vehicle complaint. Johnny Baker said Bryan Gambrel has been working for him applying hardwood flooring inside his residence. Baker stated he allowed Gambrel to temporarily use his GMC Sierra 1500 truck on Wednesday but that he didn’t return it when he was supposed to. Contact was made with neighboring counties and the Logan Police Department advised the truck had been located with Gambrel in possession of it. A warrant has been requested for Bryan Gambrel, 31, of 3352 Matheny Road, Nelsonville, for the charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Brandon Duane Mayle, 32, of 21345 McGraw Road, Stewart, was arrested for failure to appear, a misdemeanor.
• Donald Ray Barth, 56, of 111 W. Montgomery St., Lot 11, Marietta, was arrested for rape, two counts of kidnapping, two counts of impersonating a peace officer and possession criminal tools, all felonies.
• Travis Eugene Williams, 22, of 1750 Laurel Ridge Road, Lowell, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony.
• Dalton Matthew Ball, 20, of 6600 McMannis Riggs Road, Beverly, was arrested for failure to appear, a misdemeanor.
• Reed Mason Byers, 25, of 25 Maple St., Apt. 2, Newport, was arrested for trafficking in drugs, a felony.