• On Friday, a detective filed for a warrant for the arrest of William Cory Brice, 27, of 2800 Beach Drive, Lot 55, Belpre, on charges of felonious assault and child endangerment, after an investigation in Belpre Township.
On Aug. 13, deputies along with the Little Hocking Volunteer Fire Department Squad responded to 2800 Beach Drive, in response to a 2-month-old child having difficulty breathing. A woman later identified as a traveling nurse was holding an infant who appeared to be struggling to breathe, lethargic and not moving. The deputy was advised that Brice brought the child to her because he knew she was a nurse. At that time 911 was called and subjects began CPR.
The mother reports the child was fine an hour prior when she left the child with Brice to go to the store. Brice said he was feeding the child when she started choking on formula so he put her down on her stomach to give her a break and went to the bathroom. He said he then looked out and saw the child was rigid as if she was having a seizure, and he noticed bubbles in the corner of her mouth. Brice stated he immediately took the child next door.
The Little Hocking Squad transported the child to the Memorial Health System Belpre Campus and the child was later transferred to Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh. Medical examinations showed internal injuries with no injury to the outside of the body. Detectives were advised that the baby’s injuries were most likely as a result of shaken baby syndrome. Based on the investigation that revealed the child had not been in any car accidents, sustained any falls, seizures, or other outside injuries, and that the father was alone with the child, charges were filed on Brice through Marietta Municipal Court.
• On Aug. 13, a deputy began an investigation in Adams Township in reference to possible menacing. This case remains under investigation.
• Eric Fullerton, of Belpre, reported a green 2015 Polaris four wheeler removed from his property on Aug. 14. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to 16037 State Route 26, Reno, on Wednesday in reference to a burglary complaint. This case remains under investigation.
• Deputies responded to Laurel Ridge Road on Thursday for a problem with Travis Williams. Williams met deputies outside and upon searching Williams a bottle containing what he reported to be meth was located in his pocket. Travis Eugene Williams, 22, of 1750 Laurel Ridge Road, Lowell, was placed under arrest for possession of a controlled substance and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• Deputies were dispatched to Barlow Township on Saturday in reference to a possible domestic violence incident. In speaking with all parties it was determined to be unfounded.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Joshua Scott Lent, 23, of 325 Long Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Delbert Daniel Cain, 42, of 100 Simpson St., Marietta, was arrested for two counts of aggravated trafficking of drugs, and tampering with evidence, all felonies, two counts of driving under suspension, authorized use of a motor vehicle, breach of recognizance, driving under OVI suspension and probation violation, all misdemeanors.
• Terry Travis Riel, 21, of 1123 Swan St., Parkersburg, was arrested for two counts of probation violation, both felonies.
• Eric Jordan Swihart, 33, of 118 Victory St., Parkersburg, was arrested for failure to appear, a felony, drug paraphernalia and possessing drug abuse instruments, both misdemeanors.
• Mark Sheridan Webb, 59, of 34 Meadowview Circle, Parkersburg,was arrested for failure to appear, a misdemeanor.
• Ashley Nicole Tanner, 19, of 22200 McGill Road, Guysville, was arrested for four counts of passing bad checks, all felonies.
• Donald Bernard Sirrell, 58, of 1335 Sheridan Road, Kenosha, Wis., was arrested for aggravated robbery, a felony.
• Roxane Rae Spicer, 39, of 112 Mill St., Waterford, was arrested for three counts of loose dog and failure to register dog, all misdemeanors.
• Jeremiah Jacob Lyons, 36, of 19 S. Sixth St., Parkersburg, was arrested for failure to appear, a felony.
• Michelle Lynn Kiefer-Erb, 42, of 11534 State Route 821, Lower Salem, was arrested for four counts of sexual battery, all felonies.
• Mary Beth Caffey, 56, of 423 Fifth St., Lowell, was arrested for theft and burglary, both felonies.
• Uriah Gregg, 20, of 9560 Crews Lane, Chesterhill, was arrested for probation violation and two counts of driving while under the influence of alcohol, all misdemeanors.
• Homer M. Fry, 34, of 208 Upper Fifteenmile Creek Road, Wingett Run, was arrested for two counts of felonious assault, both felonies and obstructing official business, a misdemeanor.
• Tyrone Anthony Fry, 33, of 307 Upper Fifteenmile Creek Road, Wingett Run, was arrested for two counts of felonious assault, both felonies and obstructing official business, a misdemeanor.
• Brandon Lee Gibbs, 25, of 728 Second St., Marietta, was arrested for criminal damaging/endangering, a misdemeanor.
• Robert Edward Carpenter, 44, of 2665 Mill Fork Road, Marietta, was arrested for failure to appear and receiving stolen property, both felonies.
• Ryan Edward Carpenter, 23, of 834 St. Marys Ave., Marietta, was arrested for breach of recognizance and receiving stolen property, both misdemeanors.
• Carl Franklin Toland, 38, homeless, was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.