• Carly Strickler, of 2820 State Route 530, Adams Township, reported her 14-week-old Australian Shepherd missing from an outside tie which was unaltered, leading the owner to believe the puppy may have been stolen. On Friday, information was obtained reporting a male subject, identified as James Reed, who had a puppy matching the missing dog. It was also discovered that Reed had worked in the area and was residing in a motel within Washington County. Reed was found to be in possession of an Australian Shepherd puppy. He first stated the puppy was his. Reed then stated he found the puppy along the roadway before finally admitting to entering the property on Ohio 530, unlatching the puppy from the tie, and then leaving the property with the puppy. James Stewart Reed, 28, of 4025 Glenestee Road, Cincinnati, was arrested for theft and transported to the Washington County Jail. The puppy was released to its owner.
• On Aug. 19, a deputy responded to 11540 State Route 339, Vincent, to a report of animals at large. Teri Lent reported her neighbor, Jason Fair, was allowing his chickens to run loose on her property. The deputy was unable to view the chickens as they were put away for the night, however viewed evidence supporting the complaint. A summons is being requested for Jason B. Fair, 45, of 1543 Woodruff Road, Vincent, for animals at large.
• A deputy was dispatched to a possible domestic incident in Marietta Township on Aug. 19. In speaking with all parties it was determined to be unfounded.
•A deputy was dispatched to a possible domestic incident in Fearing Township on Aug. 19. In speaking with all parties it was determined to be unfounded.
• A deputy responded to Waterford Township on Friday in reference to a possible domestic incident. In speaking with all parties it was determined to be unfounded.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Lynsey Brooke Erb, 31, of 140 Cecil Meneffee Drive, Moorefield, W.Va., was arrested for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and obstructing official business, misdemeanors, and abuse of corpse and theft, felonies.
• Joseph Lee Slider, 28, homeless, was arrested for failure to notify change of address (sex offender offense), a felony.
• Christopher Michael Harris, 43, of 12151 State Route 60, Lowell, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor.
• James Stewart Reed, 28, of 4025 Glenestee Road, Cincinnati, was arrested for theft, a misdemeanor.
• Anthony James Curry, 29, of Sunset Drive, Marietta, was arrested for breach of recognizance, driving under suspension and contempt (failure to appear), misdemeanors.
• Jessica Ryan English, 38, of 311 Virginia St., Marietta, was arrested for possession of drugs and tampering with evidence, felonies.
• Leroy Junior Clark, 43, of 20670 State Route 550, Marietta, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, driving under suspension, fictitious plates and expired plate, misdemeanors, and possession of drugs, a felony.
• Justin Eugene Edwards, of 1420 Patton Mills Road, Cutler, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.