Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• Matthew G. Schaffer, of 101 Eldridge Drive, reported Dec. 11 that his motorcycle was stolen while parked outside 836 Pike St.
• An officer was dispatched to 1007 Orchard St., Apt. 4 on Dec. 11 in reference to a disturbance in the parking lot. Alphonso L. Johnson, of 703 Elm St., Belpre, had broken four windows of a car belonging to Mackenzie N. Vogt, of 1915 Silver Globe Road, and grabbed her by the neck. He also took her phone to prevent her from calling 911. He left the scene before an officer arrived but was later found at 143 Harmar St. and arrested for felony domestic violence, disrupting emergency services, criminal damaging and aggravated menacing.
• On Friday, an officer was driving on Maple Street when he was flagged down by a woman who said that Victor Whittekind had active warrants and had just took off running. The officer pursued him on foot but lost him. Officers found out he was staying at 212 Maple St. and Washington County Sheriff’s deputies checked the residence with permission from the owner. Whittekind was found in a vacant room under construction and was arrested.
•On Saturday, officers were dispatched to the 100 block of Front Street in reference to a fight. They made contact with Gary Scott, Kristin Scott and Ali Albloushi. It was found that Gary Scott and Albloushi had both attempted to strike each other. In the officer’s presence, Kristin Scott attempted to strike Albloushi and damaged his vehicle. Gary Scott then began to yell obscenities in a public place after being warned by officers about his behavior. Kristin Scott was arrested for criminal damaging and obstructing official police business. Gary Scott was arrested for disorderly conduct cease and desist and disorderly conduct by fighting. Albloushi was issued a citation for disorderly conduct by fighting.
• An officer responded to Marietta Memorial Hospital Saturday in reference to a patient whose belongings were found to contain suspected drugs and drug paraphernalia. The substance tested as methamphetamine and will be sent to BCI for analysis.
• On Saturday, an officer was dispatched to a reported vehicle entry at Gran Ranchero restaurant. The vehicle had been forcibly entered and miscellaneous items had been taken.
• On Saturday, an officer noticed a car with a broken driver’s window parked near Applebee’s. Contact was made with the owner who reported her purse was also missing.
• Deputies responded to 15 Poinciana St., Newport, on Monday in reference to a domestic violence complaint. The Butlers became involved in a verbal argument at which time Samuel approached Sarah and grabbed her by the neck and threw her to the ground. Samuel continued to assault Sarah, including putting her in a “choke hold” before leaving the residence. Later deputies met with Samuel when he returned to the residence. Samuel S. Butler, 27, of 15 Poinciana St., Newport, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• Freddy Dale Taylor Jr., of 729 Ninth St., Marietta, failure to appear.
• Jordan Levi Walker, of Ohio 7 Southgate Trailer Park #78, Reno, failure to appear.
• Tyler J. Fox, of 8965 Muskingum River Road, Lowell, domestic violence.
• Jessica Lynn Stevens, of 425 County House Lane, Marietta, failure to appear.
• Kenneth Albert Ammell, of 724 Cumberland St., Caldwell, failure to appear.
• James Matthew Bunner, of 16640 Thompson Ridge Road, Athens, failure to appear on a possession of drugs charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Tina Marie Curry, 52, of 220 Spring St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, two counts, both misdemeanors.
• Robert Jonathan Huffman, 37, of 797 Channel Lane, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Kevin Bobby Taye Wells, 36, of 1280 Nome Ave., Akron, was arrested for speed, no operator’s license, both misdemeanors, possession of drugs, two counts, and trafficking in drugs, all felonies.
• Anthony Darrell Hudson, 18, of 111 Newark St., Wheeling, W.Va., was arrested for receiving stolen property.
• Jennifer Jo Murphy, 43, of 1411 McColloch St., Apt. 2B, Wheeling, W.Va., was arrested for driving under suspension and expired plates, both misdemeanors.