• On Friday, the dog warden viewed images and video located on Matthew Moyers’ cell phone which was downloaded in an unrelated case. Several images were observed which depicted a black cat and the torture the animal went through at the hands of Moyers. The photographs depicted the location on Oxbow Road as the whereabouts of the animal when this activity occurred. Moyers had placed duct tape on the cat’s sides and eyes as well as pulling the cat around by its tail. The video showed Moyers throwing the cat across the room on two different occasions. One video showed the cat struggling to get up and falling over. Upon meeting with Moyers he stated he was mad at the cat in August and threw it, which broke the cat’s legs. Matthew Robert Moyers, 41, of 2524 Oxbow Road, Belpre, was placed under arrest on three counts of cruelty to a companion animal, one felony and two misdemeanors. Moyers was transported to the Washington County Jail.
• Johnathan E. Porter, of 200 Brown St., Belle Valley, failure to appear on a falsification charge.
• Joseph Lee Slider, last known address 112 Sunset Ave., Marietta, failure to appear on a breach of recognizance charge, and failure to appear on an assault charge.
• Timothy Logan M Howell, of 41 Dunn Lane, New Matamoras, failure to appear on a burglary charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Matthew Robert Moyers, 41, of 401 Lancaster St., Apt. 1, Marietta, was arrested for three of counts cruelty to a companion animal, one felony and two misdemeanors.
• Donn Lewis Bookman, 37, of 41 Waugh St., Newport, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Kevin Lynn Hubbard, 34, of 1308 Williamson Ave., Apt. 8C, New Matamoras, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
• David Scott Wiggers, Sr., 57, of 714 Circle Drive, Belpre, was arrested on warrants for three counts of driving under suspension and OVI, all misdemeanors.
• McKenzie Ann Cowman, 25, of 814 Seneca Drive, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Danielle Ann Vanwey, 35, of 701 Virginia St., Marietta, was arrested for two counts of domestic violence, both misdemeanors.
• Johnny Irvin Bussart, 55, of 1276 Milltown Road, Newport, was arrested for OVI, marked lanes and possession of drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
• Andrew Bryant Tucker, 35, of 809 Front St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Jeffrey Isaiah Cottrell, 23, of 507 Washington St., Marietta, was arrested for contempt, failure to appear.