• A deputy responded to Wesley Township on Nov. 26 for a report of an unruly child. This case remains under investigation.
• On Friday, a deputy met with a victim who reported an altercation with Donn Bookman. Bookman made several threats to the female along while having his hands around her neck. Contact was made with Donn Lewis Bookman, 37, of 41 Waugh St., Newport, and he was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• On Friday, a deputy issued a citation for driving under suspension to Justin A. McElfresh, of 1108 Juliana St., Parkersburg.
• Deputies responded to Vickers Road on Friday in reference to a burglary. Numerous items of value were removed and this investigation is continuing.
• During a traffic stop Sunday, the occupants were found to be Lora and Thaddeus Salomon. A current temporary protection order is on file between the Salomons. Thaddeus gave consent to look through the vehicle and Lora advised she had methamphetamine in her purse, being 2.81 grams of suspected methamphetamine and six syringes, with one of the syringes containing methamphetamine.. Lora Lynn Salomon, 44, of 401 Lancaster St., Apt. 1, Marietta, was arrested for violation of the temporary protection order and possession of drugs.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Michael William Martin, 24, of 728 Second St., Marietta, was arrested for two counts of probation violation, misdemeanors.
• Lora Lynn Salomon, 44, of 109 Maple St., Marietta, was arrested for violation of a protection order, a misdemeanor, and possession of drugs, a felony.
• Nicholas Dean Brooks, II, 36, homeless, was arrested for assault, criminal damaging and contempt of court, all misdemeanors.
• Alex Blake Johnson, 29, of 338 Jefferson Drive, Mineral Wells, W.Va., was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, a misdemeanor.
• Christopher Paul Cook, 28, of 1340 Lynch Church Road, Marietta, was arrested on warrants for drug paraphernalia, driving under OVI suspension, two counts, driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs and contempt of court, all misdemeanors.
• Derek Thomas Oxyer, 23, of 260 Townhall Lane, Belpre, was arrested on a warrant for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.