• A deputy, along with the Devola and Salem volunteer fire department squads, responded to the scene of a deceased male on Dec. 19.
• A deputy responded to Dunham Township on Friday in reference to a possible assault complaint. After completing the investigation it was determined that no charges would be filed at this time. The subject also refused to prosecute.
• A deputy observed a vehicle on Ohio 821 cross over the double yellow line, entering the northbound lane nearly striking her vehicle head-on, forcing her to swerve off of the roadway to avoid the collision. A traffic stop was initiated with the driver, Jeremy D. Hill. Hill was asked if he had been texting while driving and he denied he was, but after further questioning Hill admitted he was texting while driving. A citation for marked lanes and texting while driving was issued to Jeremy D. Hill, 35, of 3314 Camden Ave., Parkersburg.
• The dog warden responded to Campbell Run Road on Friday a dog bite complaint. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop on Interstate 77 with driver Damion L. May. May was asked if there were any weapons in the car with him advising there was a loaded handgun behind the seat. The deputy secured the firearm, a 9mm handgun, with one round loaded in the chamber. May was asked if he possessed a concealed carry permit, to which he stated he did not. Damion L. May, 22, of 303 Grandview Pointe, Dunbar, W.Va., was placed under arrest for carrying a concealed weapon, improperly handling a firearm in a motor vehicle and driving in marked lanes.
• On Friday, a deputy, along with the Little Hocking Volunteer Fire Department Squad, responded to the scene of a deceased female.
• On Saturday, a deputy became aware of a cabinet that was broken into inside the Washington County Jail. Through investigation, it was determined that several pencils and erasers were removed. Justin Hines was determined to be responsible, however, denied involvement. Charges of criminal mischief were filed through Marietta Municipal Court on Justin Brian Hines, 22, of 106 Devol Drive, Marietta.
• On Saturday, a deputy began an investigation at the Washington County Jail in reference to an assault. Richard Koon said he was assaulted by another inmate in the facility. Through investigation, it was determined that Justin Gibbs was responsible for the assault on Koon. Charges of assault were filed through Marita Municipal Court on Justin Tyler Gibbs, 27, of 515 Smith St., Marietta.
• Larry Welch, of Federal Road, Cutler, reported Sunday a stolen Polaris 2010 RZR 800, orange in color, from his yard. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to Muskingum Township on Monday in reference to a domestic violence incident. In speaking with all parties this incident was determined to be unfounded.
• Cody Griffin, of 1040 Paw Paw Creek Road, Lower Salem, reported Monday that a sheep was stolen from the property. This case remains under investigation.
• On Monday, a deputy responded to Barnett Ridge Road, Belpre, in reference to a disturbance. Ronda Britton had arrived at the location and began accusing subject(s) of taking her cigarettes. Britton began yelling and screaming and using profanity before leaving and going home. Ronda D. Britton 43, of 537 Barnett Ridge Road, Belpre, admitted to her behavior. Britton was advised that a summons would be requested for her on a charge of disorderly conduct.
• Judith West, of Sandhill Road, Reno, reported Tuesday that her vehicle, a 2014 Toyota Corolla, was being used by a subject beyond the implied consent. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to Waterford Township on Tuesday for a possible domestic violence incident. In speaking with all parties it was determined to be unfounded.
•Deputies responded to 210 Second St., New Matamoras, on Tuesday in reference to Donald Hendershot having a firearm and threatening to harm people. Deputies met with Hendershot on the front porch, where he had a shotgun in front of him and an open beer in his hand. A deputy inspected the shotgun, finding it to be loaded. Audrey Eckstein and Gale Hendershot stated that Hendershot had been drinking throughout the day and had been walking around the home with the shotgun in his hand stating he was going to shoot Gale, and pointing the shotgun at Eckstein, demanding a cigarette. Donald Gene Hendershot, Jr., 57, was placed under arrest on charges of using weapons while intoxicated and aggravated menacing. Hendershot was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Heather Marie Hoff, 45, of 47410 State Route 7, New Matamoras, was arrested for no operator’s license, a misdemeanor.
• Kenneth Dewayne Holbert, 40, of Lord Street, Marietta, was arrested for driving under suspension and illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors.
• William Miles Howe, 48, of 19448 Sandrock, Amesville, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Jerome Lee Blackwell Sr., 40, of 1130 ½ 24th St., Parkersburg, was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, having weapons while under disability and improperly handling a firearm in a motor vehicle, felonies, and possessing drug abuse instruments, a misdemeanor.
• Frederick Lee Schwaben, 42, of 1308 Williamson Ave., Apt. 2E, New Matamoras, was arrested on a warrant for trafficking in drugs, a felony.
• Marcus Allan Brown, 23, of 304 Elm St., Belpre, was arrested on a warrant for theft, a misdemeanor, and theft from a disabled adult, a felony.
• David Aaron Hansen, 41, of 832 Ridge St., Marietta, was arrested on warrants for disorderly conduct and criminal trespass, both misdemeanors.
• Thomas William Gaughan, 32, of 240 Hillcrest Drive, Apt. 66, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Ronald Eugene Blair Jr., 37, of 30530 Lebanon Road, Lower Salem, was arrested for breach of recognizance, possessing drug abuse instruments (two counts) and contempt, failure to appear, all misdemeanors.
• Tricia Ann Walker, 34, of 708 Front St., Apt. 19, Marietta, was arrested for obstructing official business, a misdemeanor.
• Scott Michael Mickens, 43, no address, was arrested for driving under suspension and contempt, failure to appear, both misdemeanors.
• Shoshawna Marie Lowers, 33, of 970 Dixon Ridge Road, Lowell, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Corey Butler Adams, 33, of 202 Sacra Via, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Brittany Marie Karcher, 31, of 240 Hillcrest Drive, Apt. 66, Marietta, was arrested for theft, criminal trespass and obstructing official business, all misdemeanors.
• Taccaro Preaun Saunders, 36, of 205 Locust St., Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Dean Alan Ross, 50, of 411 Pennock Drive, Apt. D1, Beverly, was arrested for domestic violence, a felony.
• Brittany Annabelle Science, 20, of 202 Colonial Terrace, Marietta, was arrested for possession of drugs (marijuana), a misdemeanor.
• Donald Gene Hendershot, Jr., 57, homeless, was arrested for using weapons while intoxicated and aggravated menacing, both misdemeanors.