Marietta police reports
• An officer was dispatched to 202 Sacra Via St. Dec. 24 in reference to a domestic violence incident. Corey Butler Adams, of that address, was arrested for domestic violence.
• Walmart, 804 Pike St., reported Dec. 24 that a woman had fled after committing a theft. She was identified as Brittany Karcher, of 240 Hillcrest Drive, Apt. 66, and was found hiding in a van in the Lowe’s parking lot. She was arrested for theft and criminal trespass.
• On Dec. 25, an officer responded to 408 Third St. in reference to a possible breaking and entering. It was learned that damage had been done to a small rear door and that electronics associated with the phone had been severed outside the building. No entry was made into the structure.
• During a traffic stop Dec. 25 in the 1300 block of Greene Street, a K-9 indicated on the front passenger door. Marijuana was seized from under the passenger seat. Roy James Campbell III, of 27482 State Route 7, was issued a citation for drug abuse.
• Gary R. Johnson, of 222 Broughton Ave., reported Dec. 25 that his port-o-brake had been stolen from the yard of his residence in April or May.
• On Wednesday, an officer was dispatched to 804 Pike St. in reference to a theft from a vehicle. A power drill and other tools were removed from an unlocked truck owned by Promanco in the Walmart parking lot.
• On Thursday, a guardian and a female juvenile reported a sexual assault. The girl reported that in November a known sex offender had touched her inappropriately and that she had witnessed the same offender touch another juvenile female.
• Officers were dispatched Thursday to 652 Phillips St. in reference to a 69-year-old male being found dead in his residence. No foul play is suspected.
• Officers responded to the Sierra Apartments, 836 Pike St., Saturday in reference to a drug overdose. A 28-year-old man was revived with Narcan and transported to a hospital. Charged for drug abuse instruments will be filed.
• On Sunday, an officer was dispatched to the 100 block of Franklin Street for a disturbance in which a man was pulling a woman out of a car by her hair. Bridgette S. Hoke reported that while in Wood County, W.Va. her fiance, Jason H. Malone, of 6615 Cleveland Lot E4, Ravenna, had brandished a knife and forced her to drive him to Marietta. On Franklin Street, she grabbed the knife, threw it from the vehicle and tried to escape. Malone was arrested for kidnapping, domestic violence and domestic violence by threat. Malone also had a felony warrant out for his arrest.
• Walmart reported Sunday that a woman who had shoplifted was leaving in a vehicle. The vehicle was stopped in the 500 block of Pike Street. Samantha R. James, of 2608 Avery St. 20, Parkersburg, was arrested for theft and possession of drug paraphernalia.