Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• Officers responded to 619 10th St., Apt. 1 on Jan. 16 in reference to a possible overdose. Upon arrival, Marietta Fire Department members found a male identified as Brandon Schmidt, homeless, passed out in a back room. Schmidt was later arrested for possession of drug abuse instruments and on a warrant. He was taken to the hospital and later to jail.
• An officer was dispatched to 302 Harmar St. on Jan. 17 in reference to an overdose. It was found that Ashton Nicole Guinn was in possession of a hypodermic needle that was used to inject heroin. Guinn was charged with possession of a drug abuse instrument and will be summoned into court.
• An officer was dispatched to Open Door Baptist Church, 301 Franklin St., on Friday for a report of a broken window. Footage showed a woman breaking the window and stealing a Bible and a book of hymns. She came to the church three times throughput the night. An investigation is ongoing.
• An officer was dispatched to 703 Sixth St. on Friday in reference to a 1-year-old left home alone. Children Services was contacted and arrived on scene. A family member took custody of the child. The mother said she believed her roommate was watching the child. The case remains under investigation.
•An officer was dispatched to 1308 Lancaster St. on Sunday in reference to a domestic disturbance. One party fled before the officer’s arrival.
• Rite Aid, 301 Greene St., reported Monday that they had received counterfeit money. Two black males had entered the store and made a purchase using a counterfeit $100 bill.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Olivia Jane Kaptis, 41, of 1574 Elizabeth St., Apt. B, Belpre, was arrested for possession of drugs and permitting drug abuse, both felonies.
• Daniel Lee Francis, 34, homeless, was arrested for trafficking in drugs, receiving stolen property, having weapons while under disability and tampering with evidence, all felonies, driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, driving under suspension and no seatbelt, misdemeanors.
• Thomas Christain Kaptis, 43, homeless, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Logan Ray Roberts, 24, of 107 Sierra Drive, Apt. 322, Hartford, W.Va., was arrested for disorderly conduct and breach of recognizance, both misdemeanors.
• Coy Leonard Smallwood, 27, of 164 Anderson Road, Fleming, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Roy James Campbell III, 32, of 31755 State Route 7, New Matamoras, was arrested for possession of drugs.
• Sheldon Dwight Hill, 36, of 11827 State Route 555, Cutler, was arrested for two counts of domestic violence, both felonies, failure to reinstate operator’s license and aggravated menacing, both misdemeanors.