Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• An officer was dispatched to McDonald’s, 1101 Gilman Ave., Jan. 22 in regard to an employee theft. The manager advised that the cash register was short. Upon checking CCTV footage, it was determined that an employee opened the register, put $4 in and took $20 out. On Friday, an officer was dispatched to the McDonald’s again in reference to an additional theft by the same employee, also on Jan. 22. The employee at that time had gone to the drive-thru register and removed a $20 bill, putting it in his pocket. Contact was unable to be made with the suspect, so warrants will be requested for theft.
• Williamstown police reported Jan. 22 that a 16-year-old male from Marietta had made requests for nude photos over social media to young teen and pre-teen students in West Virginia. It was alleged he sent the girls nude photos he had obtained of them to blackmail them into sending him more. The investigation is ongoing.
• An officer was dispatched Sunday to the Super 8 Motel, 46 Acme St., to assist Marietta Municipal Court Probation officers. While attempting to locate a probationer, the probation officers had found Jennifer Dawn Science in the room with drugs and drug paraphernalia. Science was issued a citation and released. Additional charges are pending.
• Marietta Middle School reported a student being disorderly on Friday. He was cursing in class, hallways and in the office. He then challenged a teacher to a fight and threatened to hit him.
• During a traffic stop Saturday in the 600 block of a Washington Street, a search of the vehicle revealed a used syringe and baggies with what appeared to be methamphetamine. The items were sent for testing and charges will be filed upon the results.
• The assistant manager at Taco Bell, 342 Pike St., reported Sunday the theft of $100. While the manager was counting the money to be placed in the safe and was distracted, the suspect took the money.
•On Monday, an officer was dispatched to the BMV in reference to someone attempting to pass a counterfeit $100 bill. Dustin Lee Brooks, of 1176 Briggs Hill Road, Belpre, was identified and in possession of stolen property from Dollar General. He was also in possession of drug abuse instruments. He was charged with both and transported to jail.
• A deputy responded to JABO Inc. on Ohio 7 in Marietta, Monday for a breaking and entering. Numerous items of value were reported stolen from the business. This case remains under investigation.
• Paul Charles Wright, of 206 Broughton Ave., #3, Marietta, failure to appear on a burglary charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Chase Dominick West, 23, of 102 Elm St., Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Dustin Lee Brooks, 32, of 1776 Briggs Hill Road, Belpre, was arrested for theft and possessing drug abuse instruments, misdemeanors.
• Paul Andrew Sebring, 47, homeless, was arrested for parole violation and three counts of gross sexual imposition, all felonies.
• Frederick Gale McKitrick, 36, of 550 Ewing Road, Reno, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Jeremy Michael Phipps, 39, of 10 Browns Road, Apt. 4A, Marietta, was arrested for three counts of criminal trespass and breach of recognizance, all misdemeanors.
• Martin Deane Gibbs Jr., 31, homeless, was arrested for sexual offender failing to notify change of address, a felony.
• David Sheehy Burns, 41, of 26691 Huckleberry Road, Coolville, was arrested for contempt and breach of recognizance, both misdemeanors.
• Dana Adam Cottrill, 47, of 2622 Robinson Hill Road, Marietta, was arrested for criminal damaging and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors.