• During a traffic stop Friday on Interstate 77 contact was made with the driver, Dominic Pipero, and passengers. An odor of marijuana was detected and K9 Rita was taken around the vehicle. Pipero advised he had a THC smoking pipe. After Rita gave a positive indication the occupants were removed from the vehicle. Jeffery Koch advised he had marijuana in a clothing bag in the trunk, which was recovered and tested 4.04 grams with the baggie. Summons will be requested for Dominic Samuel Pipero, 19, of 1157 Manor Ave. SW, Canton, for possession of drug paraphernalia and Jeffrey Allen Koch, 21, of 529 Smith Ave. NW, Canton, for possession of marijuana.
• A deputy responded to Marietta Township Friday in reference to a domestic violence incident. In speaking with all parties it was determined to be unfounded.
• A deputy was dispatched Saturday to the area of Sandhill Road and Deer Haven Street in Newport Township. It was reported that a male subject wearing a dark hoodie and jeans was stumbling in the roadway and falling in the ditch. Matthew Johnson was found stumbling in the roadway covered in mud with a bloody lip. Johnson had a strong odor of alcohol, was slurring his words and was very unsteady on his feet. Johnson admitted he had been drinking and was just trying to get to a house on Sandhill Road. He was unable to explain the location of the house or even the name of the individual. During a search of Johnson, a small baggie of marijuana was located on his person. Matthew Scott Johnson, 40, last known address 200 Pennock Ave., Beverly, was arrested for disorderly conduct and possession of drugs and transported to the Washington County Jail. At the jail, Johnson tested .290 on a PBT.
• A deputy responded to 103 Halstead Road, Marietta, on Saturday in reference to a report of Dylan Shingleton being intoxicated, having a knife and going in and out of the residence. Deputies assisting arrived on scene and observed a male walking from the garage into the house wearing only boxer shorts. Contact was made and the male identified himself as Dylan Shingleton. After speaking with all witnesses Dylan Scott Shingleton, 24, of 103 Halstead Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• On Friday, a deputy working at the Washington County Jail was advised that various commissary items were stolen from Timothee L. Singer. Through investigation it was determined that Joshua E. Burkhart was removing various commissary items belonging to Singer. Joshua Eric Burkhart, 30, will be charged with theft.
• Deputies responded to Robinson Hill Road, Marietta, Saturday in reference to a female calling 911 stating she was trying to get away from someone and then hanging up. Dispatch was able to identify the caller as likely being Misty Cottrill. Deputies located Dana Cottrill southbound on Robinson Hill Road. Dana stated he and Misty were heading to the Harmar Tavern with some friends. Dana stated Misty began arguing with him and so he just headed home. Once they arrived at his residence Misty stated she was going to walk to her mother’s in St. Marys, W.Va. Dana stated he went out looking for Misty and upon finding her she became belligerent with him. Deputies met with Misty, and her story was consistent with Dana’s story. Based on the information received Misty Dawn Cottrill, 34, of 18 Adams Hollow, Cairo, W.Va., and Dana A. Cottrill, 47, of 2622 Robinson Hill Road, Marietta, are being issued a summons for disorderly conduct.
• A deputy responded to 468 Washington St., Macksburg, Monday for a report that Melinda Johnson and her stepfather, Scott Mason, were involved in a domestic violence situation. Witnesses described Mason as believing people were after him. It was reported that Mason had been throwing items all day, to include knives, skillets and a butcher knife. Mason advised Johnson he was going to get a firearm and shoot whoever came through the door. After discussing with Mason his narcotic use, Johnson reports he stood and drew back his fist like he was going to strike her. Mason advised deputies that Johnson confronted him so he defended himself. Mason further admitted to using narcotics. Scott Robert Mason, 49, of 468 Washington St., Macksburg, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Nathan Dean Bomer, 22, of 104 Dunedin Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Jason Lee Myers, 34, of 105 Gilman Ave., Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
• Dustin Allen Carpenter, 26, of 105 Gilman Ave., Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
• Eddie Leroy Bates, 60, of 20265 Carrie St., Detroit, Mich., was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Billy Joe Ball, 34, homeless, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments and theft, both misdemeanors.
• Kaylee Ann Madison, 29, of 151 Chateau Hills, Parkersburg, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Dylan Scott Shingleton, 24, of 103 Halstead Road, Marietta, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Matthew Scott Johnson, 40, homeless, was arrested for disorderly conduct and possession of drugs, both misdemeanors.
• Amy Rochelle Pattison, 32, of 910 Grandview Ave., New Matamoras, was arrested for prohibitions concerning companion animals and loose dog, both misdemeanors.
• Scott Robert Mason, 49, of 468 Washington St., Macksburg, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Jassandra Johnston-Bailey, 38, of 687 Wynncrest Drive, Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court, failure to appear.