Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• Cassidy Hogue, of 922 Front St., reported Feb. 20 that while she was at the Harmar Tavern on Feb. 2 she had a friend hold onto her wallet. When she returned home, cash was missing. This investigation is ongoing.
• A manager at Little Caesar’s, 446 Pike St., reported property damage on Friday. The back door handle was broken off.
• Daphne E. Simer, of 240 Hillcrest Drive, reported Friday theft of cash from a motor vehicle at 707 Warren St.
• Officers responded to 261 Hillcrest Drive on Sunday in reference to a domestic disturbance. No primary aggressor was determined. The parties separated for the night.
• Jenah M. Sampson, of 42 Holdren Road, Little Hocking, reported Monday that a laptop was stolen from the breakroom at Marietta Memorial Hospital. The investigation was ongoing.
• A Marietta Municipal Court employee reported Monday the passing of a bad check at their clerk’s window. A probation officer there said the suspect need to pay $265 to avoid a 55-day jail sentence. A check was provided but it was in someone else’s name and the bank advised the account was closed.
• Marietta Middle School reported that several students were caught using electronic cigarettes in the school.
• On Monday, an officer was dispatched to the 400 block of Maple Street in reference to a man and woman doing drugs in a parked truck. Moriah L. Yencha, of 2704 Bird St., Parkersburg, was arrested for tampering with evidence and possession of drug abuse instruments.
• Edie J. Best, of 280 Greene St., Newport, failure to appear on a theft charge.
• Jeffrey Koch, of 529 Smith Ave., Canton, possession of marijuana.
• Jamie A. Barton, of 65 Oregon Drive, Vienna, breach of recognizance.
• Mark C. Haynes, of 2100 Hill St., Apt. G, Belpre, driving under suspension.
• Samantha R. James, of 623 Lulu St., Parkersburg, probation violation on a theft charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Domonic Lee Brooks, 18, of 150 Camelot Road, Belpre, was arrested for underage drinking, a misdemeanor.
• Nicholas David Offenberger, 38, of 331 Muskingum Drive, Apt. 1, Marietta, was arrested on a Noble County warrant for non-support of dependents.
• Moriah Leigh Yencha, 25, of 102 Brentwood Drive, Parkersburg, was arrested for tampering with evidence, a felony, and possessing drug abuse instruments, a misdemeanor.
• Dennis Lee Drain, 56, of 825 Hugh St., Parkersburg, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.