• Deputies responded to Gantsville Road, Little Hocking, on Wednesday in reference to Matthew Root of Coolville reporting his truck was stolen from Coolville and was now located in Washington County. The truck also had items stolen from inside, and those items were possibly located at 605 Gantsville Road. After speaking with witnesses to the incident, deputies went to 605 Gantsville Road to meet with the homeowner. Deputies were unable to make contact with anyone at the residence. Detectives arrived with a search warrant and forced entry to the residence. Inside, deputies located Nathan Modlin, as well as Robin Richards, who was hiding in a small closet inside the home. Richards took officers around the residence pointing out several items that were stolen from Root’s vehicle. Richards said he took nothing from the vehicle. Deputies were advised that Amy Leedy was also present at that time and made numerous trips from Modlin’s residence to the truck, along with Modlin. The items stolen were valued at approximately $5,000. Also viewed while searching the home was a live video feed showing deputy’s vehicles outside the residence. A warrant is being requested for Amy Marie Leedy, 29, of 9550 State Route 550, Vincent, for receiving stolen property and tampering with evidence. Nathan Allen Modlin, 51, of 605 Gantsville Road, Little Hocking, and Robin Jerome Richards, 31, of 29385 E. Belpre Pike Road, Coolville, were both placed under arrest for receiving stolen property and tampering with evidence. Richards was also arrested on warrants for parole violation, breach of recognizance, theft and nonsupport of dependents. Modlin and Richards were transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• A deputy responded to Belpre Township Wednesday for a possible domestic violence incident. Upon speaking with all parties involved it was determined to be unfounded.
• McAlarney Pools and Spas reported Wednesday that they had received a bad check in an amount over $8,000. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to a dorm in the Washington County Jail Wednesday for a report of an assault. Andrew Tucker stated he was assaulted by Michael Wallace II. After conducting the investigation charges of assault were filed on Michael Andrew Wallace II, 25, of 105 Leland Ave., Marietta.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Emerson Jeffrey, 28, homeless, was arrested for theft and possession of drug abuse instruments, misdemeanors.
• Randall Wayne Delancey, 54, of Beverly, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Tyler Reese Archer, 21, of 5195 State Route 26, Marietta, was arrested for two counts of theft, misdemeanors.
• Rodrigo Salazar Reyna, 19, of Sierra Apartments, Apt. 7, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Nathan Allen Modlin, 51, of 605 Gantsville Road, Little Hocking, was arrested for receiving stolen property and tampering with evidence, both felonies.
• Robin Jerome Richards, 31, of 29385 E. Belpre Pike Road, Coolville, was arrested for parole violation, breach of recognizance, theft, and tampering with evidence, felonies, theft, nonsupport of dependents and receiving stolen property, all misdemeanors.
• Timothy Matthew Sampson, 27, of Cedarbark Apts. 4D, Marietta, was arrested for failure to comply, a misdemeanor.
• Charles Thomas Nebbergall, 26, of 1336 Hilton Drive, Reynoldsburg, was arrested for resisting arrest, misdemeanors, and theft, a felony.
• John Jacob Matthews, 45, of 1015 25th St., Parkersburg, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.