• The dog warden responded to 8770 County Road Nine, Marietta, on Tuesday in reference to Matthew Friend not restraining his dogs. Friend owns four dogs and three of them constantly run loose. Friend’s four dogs were not registered through the Washington County Auditor’s Office in 2018 or 2019, and are all over three months of age. A summons is being requested for Matthew Clayton Friend, 49, for failure to register.
• Deputies responded to Veto Road, Belpre, on Tuesday in reference to a FedEx driver reporting he backed over a dog. The driver made contact with the owner, Vickie Reynolds, advising her of what happened. He reported that Reynolds became irate, yelling at him and striking the vehicle, causing damage to the truck, and breaking a side mirror. Upon meeting with the driver, he reported the Reynolds’ dog went under the rear tire and he accidentally ran over the dog’s leg. In speaking with Reynolds her story changed multiple times and she denied striking the FedEx truck. Blood spatter was observed on Reynolds’ shirt and she was asked to show her hands, which she was attempting to hide. When deputies did see Reynolds’ hands they observed several lacerations on the palm of her right hand, which was consistent with what the FedEx driver stated. Reynolds stated the lacerations were caused by her dog biting her, then stating the dog scratched her and finally, she didn’t know how it happened, and must have “blacked out.” A summons is being requested for Vickie Reynolds, 57, of 9383 Veto Road, Belpre, through Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of criminal damaging, as well as requesting restitution for the damages.
• On Thursday, a deputy requested a summons be issued to Chevelle Marie Anderson, 25, of 315 Walnut St., Unit B, Belpre, on three counts of failure to restrain her dog. On Feb. 4, the deputy received information that Anderson’s dog was on another person’s property. Anderson was advised that she needed to keep her dog restrained. On Feb. 8, the deputy was advised again that Anderson’s two dogs were running loose from her home. Attempts to contact Anderson met with negative results.
• On Thursday, a deputy requested a summons be issued to Cassandra Daily, 28, of 475 A.E. Miller Road, Lowell, for failure to restrain her dog. On Jan. 28, a dog belonging to the resident of 475 A.E. Miller Road, Muskingum Township, was found running loose and on another person’s property. The dog was captured and taken to the humane society. Then Jan. 29 a second dog belonging to 475 A.E. Miller Road was found running loose, captured and also taken to the humane society. Daily advised that both dogs were hers and admitted they had gotten loose.
• Matthew Charles Berga, of 600 Greene St., Marietta, failure to appear on trafficking in drugs charge.
• Felicia Jane Goff, of 22 Oak St., Parkersburg, failure to appear on receiving proceeds of an offense subject of forfeiture proceedings charge.
• Robert Otis Powers, of 2006 Hackberry St., Akron, failure to appear on receiving proceeds of an offense subject of forfeiture proceedings charge.
• Joshua Allen Danku, of 736 Greene St., #9, Marietta, failure to appear on a child support case.
• Gerald J. Antill, of 30650 State Route 7, Marietta, animals running at large.
• Connie Sue Barton, of 821 Elm St., Belpre, failure to appear on an assault charge.
• Jerome Lee Blackwell Sr., of 1130 ½ 24th St., Parkersburg, failure to appear on a carrying a concealed weapon charge.
• April Dawn Cecil, of 7962 Mount Carmel Ridge Road, St. Marys, W.Va., failure to appear on a possession of drugs charge.
• Chad Robert Dixon, of 1072 Leith Run Road, New Matamoras, failure to appear on trafficking in drugs charge.
• Ronald Husk, of 285 Wilcoxen Road, Cutler, failure to appear on a theft charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
•Jared Curtis Smith, 21, of 20370 State Route 60, Beverly, was arrested for criminal damaging and domestic violence, both misdemeanors.
• Derek Douglas Oldfield, 33, of 713 Ninth St., Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court and misuse of credit card, both misdemeanors.
• Kristine Marie Neff, 47, of 9371 Mauze Drive, McConnelsville, was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Lisa Nichole Owens, 38, of 211 Central City Road, Parkersburg, was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
• Twila Jean Martin, 44, of 922 Front St., Marietta, was arrested for driving under OVI suspension, a misdemeanor.