• A deputy began an investigation in Barlow Township on Wednesday in reference to a possible financial scam over the internet. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy conducted an investigation Wednesday into an assault which occurred at 108 Berry Lane, Marietta. Robert Camden reported he was assaulted by his grandson, Shawn Carpenter. Camden explained he was in his bedroom when Carpenter began to argue with him and forced his way through the closed bedroom door. Carpenter then forced Camden down onto the bed, all the while having ahold of his forearms so he was unable to defend himself. Lacerations and bruises were observed on Camden’s arms. Camden requested a temporary protection order be issued. The deputy met with Carpenter, who admitted to the argument and grabbing Camden. Carpenter denied forcing Camden down onto the bed, stating he is a “spiritual person” and was trying to transfer his “energy” to Camden. Shawn Allen Carpenter, 35, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• When conducting a traffic stop on near mile marker 5 on Ohio 550 Thursday, a deputy the driver tossing something out the window, which appeared to be bags of some sort. The driver was identified as Christopher Mayle. Mayle admitted to throwing items out the window, stating it was two bags of marijuana and that he was scared. Mayle further reported a bag of marijuana he had on his person, removing the bag from a pocket. Assistance was given in locating the items which were thrown from the vehicle. One bag contained 4.28 grams of methamphetamine and the other contained baggies. Christopher Neil Mayle, 39, of 11722 State Route 555, Cutler, was placed under arrest for tampering with evidence, possession of drugs and possession of marijuana. A traffic citation was also issued to Mayle for marked lanes violation. Mayle was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• John David Bigler, 43, of 133 Acme St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Martin Dene Gibbs Jr., 31, homeless, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Chad Wayne Williams, 37, was arrested on warrants for contempt of court, burglary, safecracking, theft, two counts, and theft of a motor vehicle, all felonies, driving under suspension and failure to control, misdemeanors.
• Robin Jerome Richards, 31, of 29385 E. Belpre Pike Road, Coolville, was arrested for non-support of dependents, and theft, both misdemeanors, theft, and breach of recognizance, both felonies.
• Aaron Travis Sedwick, 31, of 16551 Niggeyer Road, Guysville, was arrested for OVI, contempt of court, fictitious plates, left of center and no seatbelt, all misdemeanors.
• Derek Michael Leftridge, 28, of 147 Turkey Knob Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Jesse Clinton Farmer, 22, of 844 Greene St., Apt. 2, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Jason Lee Snider, 46, of 1812 Rockland Ave., Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Shawn Allen Carpenter, 35, of 108 Berry Lane, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, a felony.
• Christopher Neil Mayle, 39, of 11722 State Route 555, Cutler, was arrested for tampering with evidence, possession of drugs, both felonies, and possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor.
• John Robert Williams Jr., 22, was arrested on a warrant for contempt, failure to appear, a felony.
• Gabrielle Elizabeth Rhoton, 23, of 65820 State Route 124, Reedsville, was arrested on a warrant for theft, a felony, and contempt of court, a misdemeanor.