Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• During a traffic stop March 5 in the 500 block of Fifth Street, the odor of marijuana was detected and a probable cause search was conducted. As a result, Shawn Aaron Cloninger was arrested for possession of syringes, possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia and possession of drug paraphernalia. Further charges may be added after items return from testing.
• Janice S. Richards, of 713 Montgomery St., reported March 5 that she had several items stolen from a locked cabinet in her house. Her stepson had been there alone and was gone when she arrived home. He denied taking anything. An investigation is ongoing.
• An officer conducted a traffic stop in the 600 block of N. Seventh Street March 5 for a car displaying fictitious plates and no plate lights. As the vehicle slowed, a man fled from the passenger seat and disappeared behind several houses. He was visually identified as Branden Dwight Ramage, known to have an active warrant. Officers pursued him on foot but were unable to locate him. Later, he was found walking in the 700 block of Warren Street. He ignored commands to stop and fled again. He was taken into custody and arrested on the active warrant for parole violation. At the jail, officers discovered Ramage had eaten a bag of suspected methamphetamine and began to show signs of an overdose. He was taken to Marietta Memorial Hospital where officers guarded him for five days while he recovered. He was additionally charged with obstructing official business, resisting arrest and tampering with evidence.
• Marietta High School employees reported that two students had exchanged inappropriate photos. The phones were seized and the parents were called.
• Goodwill, 1303 Colegate Drive, reported a theft on Thursday. A man took a set of wireless headphones from the front clerk station.
• Harmar Elementary School reported that a parent went to an area of the school without permission on Friday and stole an article of clothing belonging to a student.
• Franklin Hall, of Williamstown, reported Friday that he had a check stolen and used at Go Mart in Marietta. He said he had had several checks stolen from his home.
• Walmart, 804 Pike St., reported a shoplifting on Saturday. The suspect scanned cheaper items for more expensive ones. The suspect was identified and charges are forthcoming.
• The department received a rape complaint on Saturday and is investigating.
• Officers were dispatched to 282 Ridgewood Court on Saturday in reference to a disturbance. Brandon L. Eader said his side mirrors on his vehicle were broken by another man. This case remains under investigation.
• An officer conducted a traffic stop for fictitious plates Monday in the 700 block of Greene Street. The driver was identified as Christopher Dale Graham, of 716 Riverfront Road, Coolville. A search revealed drug paraphernalia and 0.4 grams of methamphetamine. It was also learned that Graham had two active warrants. He was arrested for the warrants and also charged with possession of meth, drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia.
• During a traffic stop Monday in the 200 block of Gilman Avenue a passenger was identified as Dwayne S. Singer, of 2050 Roberts Road, Amesville, who had multiple warrants for his arrest. He was also in possession of several hypodermic syringes. He was arrested on the warrants and for possesion of drug abuse instruments.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Gavin Gregory Earley, 25, of 1426 Earley Ridge Road, New Matamoras, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Cody Montell Knotts, 28, of 360 Morris Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Wayne Anthony Rhodes, 30, of 820 Mill Branch Road, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Chance Lee Anderson, 22, of 844 Greene St., Apt. 2, Marietta, was arrested for driving under suspension, expired plates, both misdemeanors.
• Thomas William Dearth, 27, of 785 Bender Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Trudi Lucille Smith, 41, of 1014 Conrwall St., Parkersburg, was arrested for contempt, failure to appear warrant, Licking County.
• Carla Rae Vickers, 40, of 137 Brandy Drive, Marietta, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Misty Louise Caldwell, 41, of 3645 Blue Knob Road, Marietta, was arrested for permitting drug abuse, a misdemeanor.
• Ryan Michael Efaw, 22, of 30 Hupp Road, Beverly, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony.
• Tamela Vaun Ward, 58, of 409 Oneal St., Apt. 3, Belpre, was arrested for illegal use/possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana, both misdemeanors.
• Christopher Adam Sciance, 28, was arrested for 243 Muskingum Drive, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Casey Joseph Duvall, 26, of 1044 Maysville Ave., Marietta, was arrested for disorderly conduct and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
• Branden Dwight Ramage, 24, of 615 Montgomery St., Apt. 3, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation and tampering with evidence, felonies, resisting arrest and obstructing official business, both misdemeanors.
• Christopher Dale Graham, 42, of Tommy Bond Road, Coolville, was arrested for possession of drugs, breach of recognizance, both felonies, possessing drug abuse instruments, drug paraphernalia, driving under suspension, failure to display plates, fictitious plates and driving under suspension, all misdemeanors.
• Anthony David Moore, 40, homeless, was arrested for escape, a felony.
• Shaun Marie Bronson, 49, of 107 Pennsylvania Ave., Marietta, was arrested for aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor.
• Nathan Dean Bomer, 22, of 104 Dunedin Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Kelsie Leigh Masters, 27, of 965 Gilman Ave., Marietta, was arrested for two counts of menacing, both misdemeanors.
• Dakota Dee Hines, 28, of 936 ½ Fifth St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Dwayne Scott Singer, 27, of 2050 Roberts Road, Amesville, was arrested for theft, a felony, probation violation, and two counts of possessing drug abuse instruments, all misdemeanors.
• Eric Shawn Owens, 39, of 195 McGill Road, Vincent, was arrested for two counts of domestic violence, both misdemeanors.
• Jeremy Randall Adkins, 44, of 1716 19th St., Parkersburg, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Darren Craig Farnese, 24, of 103 Dale St., Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.