• On March 7, a deputy began an investigation in Barlow Township in reference to an assault and possible unruly juvenile(s). This case remains under investigation.
• On March 8, a deputy observed damage to a vehicle parked at the Belpre Park and Ride. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy met with a Marietta Township resident on March 8 in reference to fraudulent charges on a credit card. The victim did not wish to pursue charges at this time.
• A deputy responded to Ohio 60 in Waterford Township on March 8 to an oil well access road. Trash had been dumped at this location. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy began an investigation on March 8 in reference to fraudulent charges on a credit card. This case remains under investigation.
• On March 8, deputies responded to the area of Barlow-Vincent in reference to a theft from Dollar General. Sherry Fulton admitted to taking merchandise from the store and provided a written confession. The stolen items were returned to the Dollar General. A summons is being requested for Sherry G. Fulton, 46, of 10735 State Route 550, Vincent, on a charge of theft.
• On Wednesday, a deputy, along with the Wesley and Dunham volunteer fire departments, responded to 32027 Tick Ridge Road, Vincent, to a house fire.
• James Greenwood, of Greenwood Oil LLC, reported a trailer stolen from Lawrence Township on March 8. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to 199 Culver Run Road, Waterford, on March 8 in regards to a criminal damaging complaint. Shane Morse reported two surveillance cameras he mounted on a shed were torn down by Danaus M. Rohrer. Rohrer admitted to being angry with Morse and said he did, in fact, tear them down and burn them. A summons is being requested for Danaus Michael Rohrer, 20, for criminal damaging.
• On March 8, a deputy made contact with Rick McLaughlin, of 100 Eyermann Road, Belpre, in reference to proper registration for his dog. McLaughlin admitted he did not register his dog. The deputy had previously met with McLaughlin in February regarding this registration. A summons is being requested for Rick V. McLaughlin, 61, for failure to register his dog.
• A deputy made contact with Peggy Truax, of 1585 Elizabeth St., Belpre, in reference to having her dog registered for 2019. In February the deputy met with Truax regarding this registration. A summons is being requested for Peggy Jean Truax, 44, for failing to register her dog.
• A deputy responded to Camelot Road Lot 13, Belpre, on Saturday for a report of an underage party and loud music complaint. An odor of burnt marijuana was detected at the home, along with numerous juveniles. Charles Whited was located at the residence and was walking past the deputies, toward the rear of the residence. Whited was asked if he had anything on his person which may be illegal, at which time he admitted to having marijuana on his person. A bag of suspected marijuana was removed from Whited’s shorts. A citation for possession of marijuana was issued to Whited, 18, of 314 9 ½ St., Parkersburg.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Jeremy Michael Charlton, 38, of Earls Place Road, Vincent, was arrested for criminal trespassing, assault, criminal damaging and breach of recognizance, all misdemeanors.
• Marcus Allan Brown, 23, of 304 Elm St., Belpre, was arrested for burglary, a felony, theft and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
• Dustin Ray Riley, 33, of 419 Maple St., Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Aaron Matthew Brown, 37, of 101 Randolph Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation and driving under suspension, both misdemeanors.
• Nathan Dean Bomer, 22, of 104 Dunedin Road, Marietta, was arrested for OVI, a misdemeanor.
• Michael Lee Wallace, 31, of 510 East Ohio Ave., Mount Vernon, was arrested on a warrant for theft, a felony, and two counts of bad checks, both misdemeanors.
• James Isaac Wood, 23, of 1334 Ruby St., Moundsville, W.Va., was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, failure to control and no seatbelt, all misdemeanors.
• Justin T. McCarter, 42, of 49200 Hickory Hill Road, Reedsville, was arrested for two counts of no operator’s license, no seatbelt and OVI, all misdemeanors.