Marietta police reports
• An officer was dispatched to the Marathon gas station, 498 Pike St., on April 9 in reference to a theft. The store manager advised that a younger male had stolen a beer. This case remains under investigation.
• During a traffic stop on April 10, a K-9 indicated on the vehicle. A search located a set of digital scales, a methamphetamine pipe and meth. Driver Eric Kendall’s license was found to be suspended. A baggie of marijuana was also located on Kendall. The officer also observed him spit out a bag of meth onto the cruiser floor. Kendall was charged with possession of meth, possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, tampering with evidence, marked lanes and FRA suspension.
• Walmart, 804 Pike St., reported a shoplifting on April 10. Amanda Lena Kelly, of 26267 Zep Road E, Summerfield, was arrested.
• An officer was dispatched to 727 Front St. on Thursday to recover a bicycle, which was taken and logged into evidence.
• Officers were dispatched to 105 Gilman Ave., Lot 14 on Thursday in regards to a disturbance. John R. Ralston, of Marietta, said he was assaulted by his ex-girlfriend, who was attempting to get him to give her some prescription drugs. He said when he refused she began to punch him in the chest, head and arm. She left prior to officers arriving. Red marks and blood were found on the victim. A warrant will be requested.
• On Thursday, Tamara Wilson reported that her son had cashed fraudulent checks belonging to a family friend. This case remains under investigation.
• Donald C. Washburn, of 113 Muskingum Drive, reported Thursday that a leafblower had been stolen from under his deck.
• During a traffic stop Thursday, an odor of marijuana was detected and the vehicle was searched. Multiple items of drug abuse were found, including syringes, small baggies, scales and pipes. While officers searched the vehicle passenger Jennifer Dawn Science, of 1333 Lynn St., Parkersburg, attempted to conceal/dispose of drugs in the back of the cruiser. Driver Joshua Thomas Bailey, of Belpre, was charged with possession of drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia and Science was charged with tampering with evidence, possession of heroin, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of drug abuse instruments.
• Officers responded to the 100 block of N. Seventh Street Friday in reference to a shoplifting that had occurred at Speedway. They located Christopher Cook, of 1340 Lynch Church Road, and a woman behind Tim Horton’s with a bag containing a baggie believed to be methamphetamine, as well as a needle. Cook was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of a drug abuse instrument.
• Bridgeport Equipment, 15 Acme St., reported the theft of a firearm on Friday. The investigation is ongoing.
• Officers were dispatched to the Marietta Post Office on Front Street Friday for a report of a domestic violence incident in progress. The victim said she had been hit, choked and headbutted. Brandon Longfellow, of 190 Moss Run Road, was arrested for domestic violence.
• Marietta High School reported an assault of a student Saturday that took place during prom in the high school gym. The investigation is ongoing.
• During a traffic stop Saturday in the 900 block of Glendale Road, marijuana was seized from the vehicle. Grant Lipscomb, of 977 Bull Run Road, Waverly, W.Va., Matthew Noland, of 763 Glendale Road, and Kaylei Fuller, of 605 21st St., Vienna, were charged with drug abuse. A probation officer put a probation holder on Noland and he was transported to jail.
• An officer was dispatched to 200 S. Seventh St. Sunday in reference to a dealer license plate being stolen. This case remains under investigation.
• Marietta Middle School reported Monday that a female student told the principal and the victim that she wanted to hit the victim. An investigation is ongoing.
•Marietta High School reported Monday that a student was caught with an alcoholic beverage and an electronic smoking device. The student was suspended. The investigation is ongoing.