•On Thursday, the dog warden filed charges for failure to register and four counts of prohibitions concerning companion animals (cruelty to animals) on Johnathon David Isner, 28, of 2710 Laurel Ridge Road, Lowell. On April 10, a deputy and the dog warden responded to that address in reference to a report of two emaciated dogs on this property. In plain view, they observed a dog tied to a tree with extremely emaciated hips, backbone and ribs protruding. A container of water, but no food or shelter were found in the area within reach of the dog. A 7-year-old female mixed breed dog was observed tied to a porch in plain view. Every bone in the dog’s body was observed protruding from a distance. There were four nursing puppies with this dog, which were all malnourished. The puppies attempted to nurse, but the female dog did not appear to have any milk as she was too emaciated. An attempt to contact the homeowner met with negative results. While knocking at the door another dog was seen inside and appeared to be in decent body condition. Isner arrived while deputies were at the residence and he advised these were his animals. Two adult dogs and four puppies were removed from the property and taken for medical treatment.
• A deputy responded to 804 Grant Ave., Belpre, on Wednesday in regard to two dogs at this residence, which were tethered outside without food, water and shelter. It was reported that these dogs were left outside in the same or similar conditions every day from 7 a.m. to dusk, even in the direct sun. Verification was made through the Washington County Auditor’s Office that the dogs were not registered. The dogs were seized and a notice of a hearing was left with a subject at the home. Contact was made with Taylor M. Dye, 21, who confirmed she owned both dogs and had not registered them as she believed she had until they were six months old. A summons is being requested for Dye for failing to register his two dogs and two counts of cruelty to companion animals.
• James Nemo Lee Croston, of 300 Buckeye Ridge Road, Chesterhill, failure to appear on a child support case.
• Kyle Matthew Stafford, of 700 ½ Cisler Drive, Apt. A, Marietta, failure to appear on a child support case.
• Jordan Levi Walker, of 1350 Mount Tom Road, Marietta, failure to appear on trafficking in drugs charge.
• Clark Evan Westbrook, homeless, failure to appear on a receiving stolen property charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Levi Scott Jarvis, 21, of 106 Meadowcrest Lane, Little Hocking, was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, failure to comply, possession of drugs, hit skip/leave the scene of an accident, all felonies, OVI, no operator’s license, reckless operation, failure to comply, all misdemeanors.
• Uriah Gregg, 21, of 9560 Crews Lane, Chesterhill, was arrested for probation violation and theft, misdemeanors.
• Jeffrey Grant Wayne Powers, 29, of 411 ½ Third St., Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
• Linda Elizabeth Slonaker Lasure, 36, of Ohio 260, New Matamoras, was arrested for interference with custody.
• John Aaron Givens, 38, of 207 Aurora Ave., Apt. B, Marietta, was arrested for burglary, a felony, obstructing official business and direct contempt, both misdemeanors.
• Chrystal Nadine Glessner, 32, of 606 Florence St., Belpre, was arrested for theft of drugs, a felony.
• William Roland Talkington, 32, of 1205 County House Lane, Apt. B, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Kelsey Danielle Gossett, 27, of 2601 Underwood Drive, Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Colton Todd Sturtz, 25, of 75 Fox Creek Road, Apt. 8, New Concord, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Michael James Farnsworth, 30, homeless, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.