• Deputies began an investigation April 19 in Barlow Township regarding stolen license plates. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy began an investigation Sunday in reference to a juvenile leaving home the previous day without permission. Contact was made with the juvenile via cell phone and the child advised where they were. The juvenile was picked up by a deputy and returned home. Charges of being an unruly child are being filed through Washington County Juvenile Court.
• Deputies were dispatched to Del Ray Court, Marietta, on Monday in reference to a subject there having active warrants for their arrest. Deputies encountered Leroy Junior Clark, 43, of 20670 State Route 550, Marietta, and Jessica Ryan English, 39, of 100 Del Ray Court, Marietta. Both subjects were placed under arrest on active warrants for probation violation. English also had a warrant for theft. Deputies searched Clark at the jail, finding a small baggie with what appeared to be suspected drugs, which Clark said was Suboxone.
• A deputy requested a summons on Tuesday for Ira Edward Toncray, 54, of 67 Calder Ridge Road, Belpre, for willfully leaving junk motor vehicles. On March 20, the deputy went to the Toncray residence to follow up on an unlicensed junkyard at that location. On previous visits, numerous junk motor vehicles were visible from the roadway and were clearly vehicles which were inoperable, missing wheels, motors and other items. Most vehicles are either damaged or wrecked and are scattered all over the property and out in the open. In 2018 an informal letter was served on Toncray, as well as a certified letter, outlining ORC sections 4513.65 – Willfully Leaving Junk Motor Vehicle, 4737.05 – Licensing of Junkyard, and 505.173 – Storage of Junk Motor Vehicle, given Toncray a reasonable time to clean up his property and put up a privacy fence. As of March 20 no fence has been erected, and numerous junk vehicles remained on the property.
• On Wednesday, a deputy assisted the Adult Parole Authority in the arrest of Thomas Dean Joy, 29, of 1195 East Branch Road, Lowell. Joy turned over a syringe he pulled from his pocket to officers. A paper rolled up in his pocket was found to have a crystalline rock in it which Joy stated was methamphetamine. Joy was arrested for possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug abuse instruments.
• During a traffic stop Tuesday on Interstate 77, K-9 Rita gave a positive indication on the passenger door. The search revealed a small container with marijuana residue and four loaded handguns. Driver Kaya Cannon-Karlos denied knowledge of the handguns and claimed to only be transporting the items in the vehicle for his cousin. Cannon-Karlos was searched, revealing $1,605 in cash. Kaya H. Cannon-Karlos, 31, of 2283 Blaine St., Detroit, Mich., was placed under arrest for improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle, possession of marijuana paraphernalia and speeding.
•A deputy began an investigation Monday into a possible domestic violence incident. Charges of domestic violence will be filed through Washington County Juvenile Court on the juvenile.
• On Wednesday, a deputy filed charges of being a fugitive from justice on Levi B. Mugrage, of 75 W. High St., Little Hocking. An arrest warrant was received from the West Virginia State Police on a charge of failure to register.
• Kirk Michael Urban, homeless, failure to appear on a public indecency charge.
• Elton Dean Hart Jr., of 3747 Blue Knob Road, Marietta, failure to appear on illegal use of possession of drug paraphernalia charge.
• Cody Montell Knotts, of 360 Morris Road, Marietta, failure to appear on a driving under financial responsibility law suspension or cancellation charge.
• Jeremy Adam Stone, of 1880 Braun Road, Belpre, probation violation on a possessing drug abuse instrument charge.
• Ricky Vern McLaughlin, of 100 Eyermann Road, Belpre, failure to register dogs.
• Suzanne Marie Tucker, of 129 Muskingum Drive, Marietta, obstructing official business.
• John William Addlesburger, of 406 Vine St., New Matamoras, disorderly conduct.
• Robert S. Jay, of 662 Valley View Road, St. Marys, W.Va., probation violation on a driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs charge.
• Joshua Franklin Skinner, of 585 Joe Skinner Road, Belpre, failure to appear on a possessing drug abuse instruments charge.
• Julie Marie Williams, of 8358 Merraros Road, Glouster, probation violation on a driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs charge.
• Elizabeth Grace Kidd, of 156 Turkey Hollow Road, Cutler, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Christopher Allen Streight, 32, of 120 Ward St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Dean Leroy Phillips, 41, of 404 ½ Montgomery St., Marietta, was arrested for theft, and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
• Kaya Hasani Cannon-Karlos, 31, of 2281 Blaine St., Detroit, Mich., was arrested for improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle, speed and illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
• Thomas Dean Joy, 29, of 1195 East Branch Road, Lowell, was arrested for parole violation and possession of drugs, both felonies, and possession of drug abuse instruments, a misdemeanor.
• Eric Shawn Owens, 39, of 195 McGill Road, Vincent, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Joshua Kevin Anderson, 34, of 1954 State Route 83, Beverly, was arrested for OVI, menacing and aggravated menacing, all misdemeanors.
• Martin Deane Gibbs Jr., 31, homeless, was arrested for parole violation and sex offender notification of address change, both felonies.
• Levi Benjamin Mugrage, 23, of 75 W. High St., Little Hocking, was arrested for fugitive from justice, a misdemeanor.
• Charles Edward Walker Jr., 40, of 221 Sheldon Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor, and nonsupport of dependents.