• A deputy responded to Sparling Road, Waterford, on Saturday in reference to an altercation along the river bank. The deputy advised the subjects involved about possible disorderly conduct charges in the future.
• A deputy was dispatched to Waterford on Sunday for a criminal damaging report where windows were broken out of a vehicle. This case remains under investigation.
• On Sunday, a deputy began an investigation into a theft on Bender Road in Marietta. A Stihl chainsaw and a Dewalt Sawzall were stolen. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to 7923 Veto Road, Belpre, on Sunday in reference to a stolen television set. This case remains under investigation.
• Jennifer Legleitner, of Wynncrest Drive, Marietta, reported the theft of two chainsaws on Sunday. This case remains under investigation.
• Deputies were dispatched to 554 Sand Ridge Road, Waterford, on Monday in reference to a subject needing assistance obtaining a child from a Derek Vanhorn. An active warrant for Vanhorn was also on file out of Marion County. Vanhorn refused to come outside when asked. Deputies requested to speak with the person who requested law enforcement at which time Vanhorn shut and locked the door. Numerous attempts to get Vanhorn to turn himself over to law enforcement were attempted. Vanhorn was advised of the active warrant for his arrest. At one point Vanhorn attempted to enter back into the residence while a deputy attempted to apprehend him. Another deputy attempted to help at which time Vanhorn picked up a door and threw it at the deputies and fled inside. Derek Jordan Vanhorn, 31, was taken into custody on the warrant and charged with resisting arrest.
•A deputy was dispatched to the area of 625 Warren Chapel Road, Fleming, on Monday. Deputies had been called to this area previously regarding David Witte being at/or near the location and being asked to leave and not return. A deputy found Witte hiding in a vehicle owned by the property owners. David Junior Witte, 54, of 4164 Howell St., Norton, was placed under arrest for trespassing and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• A deputy began an investigation in Lawrence Township on Monday in reference to a domestic incident. In speaking with all parties it was determined to be unfounded.
• On Monday, a deputy was advised that there was possibly marijuana in a dorm inside the Washington County Jail. A K-9 gave a positive indication on Michael Wallace’s bed location. The mattress was found to have a large hole located on the top, with a small amount of suspected marijuana inside. Michael Andrew Wallace II, 26, of 105 Leland Ave., Marietta, was charged with possession of marijuana.
• On Monday, deputies began an investigation into a runway/missing juvenile. The juvenile was later located in Wood County, W.Va.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• David Junior Witte, 54, of 4164 Howells St., Norton, was arrested for criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor.
• Derek Jordan Vanhorn, 31, of Waterford, was arrested for contempt of court and resisting arrest, misdemeanors.
• Burl Dwight Waggoner, 26, of 2026 17th St., Apt. 6, Parkersburg, was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.