• On Friday, a deputy was dispatched to Laurel Ridge Road, Lowell, in reference to a juvenile reporting being struck by a guardian, Theresa Bennett. The juvenile reported being punched multiple times in the face. Bennett admitted to striking the child due to the trouble they were having and back talking. Theresa Diane Bennett, 66, is being charged with domestic violence and will be scheduled to appear in court.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Miranda Arlete Bonfini, 31, homeless, was arrested for contempt of court, a felony.
• Denine Lynn Mullins Stewart, 38, of 1210 Hocking Road, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Taisha Jean Byrd, 29, of 2412 Woodland Ave., Columbus, was arrested for two counts of possession of drugs and tampering with evidence, felonies, speed and driving under suspension, misdemeanors.
• Victoria Lynn Wells, of 402 Second St., Beverly, was arrested for theft, a felony.