•Deputies responded to 1455 State Route 618, Belpre, on Saturday in reference to a possible burglary in progress. A man on the porch, identified as Allison Edward Phillips, advised he had been riding his bike all day in the heat and thought the house was vacant and was there to get a drink of water. Deputies located a pair of gloves in one of the windows. There was a storm window lying on the porch that appeared to have been removed and another storm window tampered with. Deputies also found fingerprints and handprints suggesting someone had attempted to lift the window to gain entry into the house. David Matheny, the homeowner, returned and walked the property to determine if anything had been stolen. Phillips denied trying to breaking into the house. Phillips, 36, of 300 High St., Apt. 207, Oak Hill, W.Va., was placed under arrest for attempted burglary and breaking and entering. While searching Phillips,a deputy located a syringe in a pocket. Phillips was also charged with possession of a drug abuse instrument.
•A deputy was dispatched to Liberty Township on Saturday in reference to a disorderly conduct/trespassing complaint. This case remains under investigation.
• Drew Hanson reported Saturday the theft of a 2003 Suzuki motorcycle from Coal Run. This case remains under investigation.
• Dustin Church, of Amesville, reported Saturday subject(s) entering the home in the past couple of days using bodily force. Items listed as missing include a toolbox, tools, Apple watch and video game system. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to Ohio 676, Marietta, on Sunday in reference to a storage building being entered. The victim did not wish to pursue the investigation.
• On Monday, deputies met with Robert Chamberlain in Warren Township in reference to a Kawasaki Mule and trailer missing. This case remains under investigation.
• Melinda Whealdon, of 1029 Barth Road, Belpre, reported Tuesday that her son, James Whealdon, was out of control and threatening himself and others. An argument eventually led to James “chest bumping” Melinda and then making comments about using a shotgun against other family members. James Bertram Whealdon, 31, of 987 Barth Road, Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• Deputies responded to 11121 Veto Road, Belpre, on Tuesday regarding a report that William Murphy made threatening comments towards law enforcement. Contact was made with Murphy after making an approach on his residence. Murphy came out of the residence unarmed and was detained without incident. Murphy denied making the threat as law enforcement had heard it, however, did say he shut and locked his gate and if any deputy tried to come to get him, he would defend himself. William Ray Murphy, 72, was charged with aggravated menacing, and transported to the Washington County Jail.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Vickie Marie Thompson, 36, of 105 Gilman Ave., Apt. 6, Marietta, was arrested for receiving stolen property and possession of drugs, both felonies, and receiving stolen property, a misdemeanor.
• James Bertram Whealdon, 31, of 987 Barth Road, Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• William Ray Murphy, 72, of 11121 Veto Road, Belpre, was arrested for aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor.
• John Wesley Hoy, 41, of 302 Walnut St., Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.