• On Monday, a deputy, while working at the Washington County Jail, began an investigation into a theft complaint filed by inmate David Wiggers. The deputy was able to determine that Kyle Davis approached the area where Wiggers keeps his property and began going through it. Davis left that immediate area with a large blue bag, which he did not previously have. Davis took the bag back to his housing area and other inmates proceeded to go through the bag. Davis refused to cooperate with the investigation. A charge of theft was filed on Kyle Anthony Davis, 23, of 104 Riley Drive, Apt. 9, Marietta, through Marietta Municipal Court.
• A deputy responded to the Lakeside Motel, 18850 State Route 60, Beverly, on Monday to conduct a welfare check on a juvenile left there overnight. Employee(s) explained the day prior, Roxane Spicer and Cyril C. Pletcher III had rented a motel room. Spicer and Pletcher left that afternoon and it was believed that they had not returned. Spicer and Pletcher left their juvenile son in the room, by himself, with a loaded .22 caliber rifle. Employee(s) stated today the child was walking in the parking lot with the rifle and even tried to bring the rifle into the office, however office personnel hurried and locked the door due to concerns about what the juvenile was planning to do with the rifle. Employees allowed a deputy into the room to check on the child, however he was not present. The deputy did view a .22 caliber rifle in plain sight, and it was found to be loaded. The child was then located walking in Beverly. The child gave deputies information on being left in the room and stated the parents allowed him to keep the rifle with him, loaded. The child further stated that the parents stayed at another motel/hotel the evening before (which was confirmed) while he stayed in Beverly. Contact was eventually made with Spicer and she came to the sheriff’s office to meet with deputies. Roxane Rae Spicer, 40, last known address 801 Ferry St., Beverly, was placed under arrest for endangering children and improperly furnishing firearms to a minor. Deputies were unable to make contact with Cyril C. Pletcher III, 39, last known address 920 Schott Road, Waterford, so a warrant was requested for his arrest for endangering children and improperly furnishing firearms to a minor.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Christopher Allen Peyton, 29, of 208 Jefferson Square, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Jaced Lee Jeffries, 18, homeless, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Erick Antonio Newborn, 33, unknown, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony.
• Derek Douglas Oldfield, 33, of 914 Ermison Ave., Marietta, was arrested for violation of a protection order, two counts, both felonies.
• Michael Douglas Kenney, Jr., 46, of 2605 Keffer Road, Stockport, was arrested for criminal simulation and theft without consent, both misdemeanors.
• Roxane Rae Spicer, 40, of 814 East Marietta Road, McConnelsville, was arrested for endangering children, a misdemeanor, and improperly furnish firearms to a minor, a felony.
• Jesse Eugene Stoops, 34, of 24500 Mountain Bell Road, Coolville, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.