Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• An officer was dispatched to McDonald’s, 500 Pike St., on June 19 for a report of a counterfeit $20 bill received at the drive-thru window. The suspect denied knowing the bill was counterfeit. There is currently insufficient evidence for charges.
• An officer responded to 96 Acme St., Apt. 1 on June 19 to assist the Marietta Fire Department with a heroin overdose. Shailyn Nikole Prall was arrested on three active warrants through the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and transported to the jail after being medically cleared. Prall will also be charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of drug abuse instruments.
• On June 20, officers responded to the 600 block of Sixth Street in reference to a possible hostage situation. It was determined there was not a hostage but a domestic violence incident had occurred. The suspect fled prior to officers arriving.
• An officer responded to 230 Broughton Ave. on June 20 in reference to problems with neighborhood children. The complainant said two weeks prior a children’s bike was left in her yard. She was concerned it might have been stolen since it was left unattended for so long. The bike was brought to headquarters for safekeeping.
• During a traffic stop June 21 at Third and Greene streets, an officer found a spoon, scale, syringe cap and pills in the vehicle and on the occupants. Brandon Weimer, homeless, and Lindsey Tornes, of 1160 Hadley Hollow Road, were both charged with drug offenses.
• During a traffic stop June 21 in the 500 block of Front Street, the officer learned driver Dustin Omspach, of 314 Fourth St., Lowell, did not have a valid license. A search of the vehicle revealed heroin. Omspach was charged with drug abuse, tampering with evidence, driving under suspension and fictitious plates.
• On June 21, officers were dispatched to Goodwill, 1303 Colegate Drive, in reference to a disturbance. It was found through investigation that Twila Martin, of 101 Delray Court, had bought multiple items but failed to pay for a wallet and purse and the dress she was wearing. She was arrested for theft.
• Officers responded to the alley behind 900 Greene St. on June 21 in reference to multiple reports of a child left unattended in a vehicle. Officers discovered a 1-year-old in a car seat in the locked car with the engine running and keys in the ignition. The parents were found in a nearby bar consuming alcohol and were intoxicated. Investigation revealed they had been in the bar for one to three hours. Children Services was called. James S. Lynn and Brittanie A. Lynn will receive a summons for child endangerment.
• An officer responded to 105 Gilman Ave. on June 23 in reference to an unresponsive 70-year-old female. It was determined that the woman had passed away due to natural causes.
•An officer responded to 717 Quarry St. on June 24 in reference to a woman being assaulted. It was found that Joseph Bailey had assaulted his live-in girlfriend multiple times in the face. He was arrested for domestic violence.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
•Melissa Jean McFall, 37, of 1365 Archers Fork Road, Newport, was arrested for obstructing official business, a misdemeanor.
• Curtis Dean Howell, 34, of 1170 Tice Run Road, New Matamoras, was arrested for possession of drugs and having weapons while under disability, both felonies, domestic violence and obstructing official business, misdemeanors.
• Keith Allen Huff, 35, of 127 State Route 821, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a felony, and violating a protection order, a misdemeanor.
• George Francis Lane, 49, of 731 Taylor St., Dayton, was arrested for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors.
• Tracy Glenn Morris, 65, of 300 Starlite Drive, Lot 7, Marietta, was arrested for aggravated menacing, disorderly conduct and endangering children, all misdemeanors.
• Christopher Wayne Radcliff, 49, of 1072 Leith Run Road, New Matamoras, was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Nathan Scott Tewkesbury, 34, of 521 Barclay St., Apt. 15, Belpre, was arrested for theft, a misdemeanor.
• Jeffrey Dean Worstell, 34, of 129 Muskingum Drive, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation and domestic violence, both misdemeanors.
• Jeremy Ray Davis, 41, of 1072 Leith Run Road, New Matamoras, was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Talmage Jay Gray III, 26, of 845 Grub Road, Marietta, was arrested for driving under suspension and expired tags, both misdemeanors.
• Mark Allen Bennett, 29, of 1455 E. Branch Road, Lowell, was arrested for resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and public indecency, all misdemeanors.
• Ricky Allen White, 26, of 609 Leafy Lane Court, Parkersburg, was arrested for receiving stolen property, a misdemeanor.
• Robert Harlan Bailey, 60, of 753 Glendale Road, Apt. 2, Marietta, was arrested for failure to comply, a felony, and resisting arrest, a misdemeanor.