•A deputy was patrolling the area of Blue Knob Road and Ohio 550 on June 26 and observed a bicycle sitting near a storage building unit at the Tunnel Mini Storage buildings. A check of the area was made and no information was obtained that was helpful in finding the owner. Please call dispatch at 740-376-7070, ext. 0 to claim this bicycle.
•On Thursday, Rachel Weekley arrived at the sheriff’s office to report an assault that occurred the previous day at 118 Buell’s Circle, Marietta. Weekley reported that on July 3 she was visiting Aaron Elliott, who took her phone to look through it, and then began yelling at her. Weekley tried to leave but Elliott grabbed Weekley by the arm in an attempt to get her to stay. Weekley continued to attempt to leave with Elliott following her and trying to talk to her. Weekley went around Elliott at the front door proceeded to get into her car and lock the doors. Elliott began to talk with Weekley through the window and returned her phone to her. Weekley lowered the window further which allowed Elliott put his arm in and strike her in the nose. A summons was requested for Aaron Vaughn Elliott, of 118 Buell’s Circle, Marietta, on a charge of assault.
• A deputy was patrolling Friday when he observed a vehicle with a damaged windshield, which then committed a traffic violation. A traffic stop was conducted and the driver, Russell Crumbley, was found to be under a non-compliance suspension from Hamilton County, as well as having an active warrant for his arrest. Crumbley said there may be some marijuana roaches in the vehicle. A search revealed two baggies of marijuana that Diana Crumbley claimed ownership of and a glass smoking pipe that Russell admitted was his and used to smoke marijuana. The deputy will be requesting a summons for Diana Crumbley, 53, of 4277 Harrison St., Bellaire, for possession of marijuana. Russell Ray Crumbley, 31, of 109 West 40th St., Shadyside, was placed under arrest on the active warrant and also charged with possession of marijuana paraphernalia, driving under suspension and driving an unsafe vehicle.
•On Tuesday, a deputy was dispatched to the area of Clark Hill Road and Hayesville Road in Waterford Township. A bicycle was located in the ditch along the roadway that appeared to have been wrecked. Please call dispatch at 740-376-7070, ext. 0 to claim this bicycle.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Mark Christopher Haynes, 33, homeless, was arrested for theft, driving under suspension, possessing drug abuse instruments, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia and contempt of court, all misdemeanors.
• Dustin Ray Riley, 34, of 419 Maple St., Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Larry Dale Haught, Jr., 39, of Dodd Run Road, Marietta, was arrested for obstructing official business, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, criminal damaging, breach of recognizance, driving under suspension, all misdemeanors, aggravated possession of drugs, domestic violence and breach of recognizance, felonies.
• Trey Robert Rice, 22, of 5999 N. Torch Road, Little Hocking, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanors.
• Matthew Lester Jones, 34, of 806 Front St., Marietta, was arrested for nonsupport of dependents and domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• April Marie Yoho, 25, homeless, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.