• During a traffic stop on Culver Run Road on July 10, the driver, identified as Todd A. Sarver, exited the vehicle rapidly and began walking towards the detective who pulled him over. Sarver was ordered to remain in the vehicle. Sarver and the passenger, identified as Damion Brown, were observed reaching under the seats, moving back and forth. A strong odor of marijuana was detected coming from the vehicle, and while speaking with Sarver his eyes appeared to be extremely glassy and bloodshot. Sarver was asked if he had been smoking marijuana and he advised he had been. Sarver further stated he had some marijuana in his pants pocket he would turn over to officers. Sarver then exited the vehicle and removed a small glass container with suspect marijuana along with $746 in cash, and a Samsung phone from his pockets. Brown was advised to close the glove box at which time Brown moved a pizza box on the floorboard, revealing the handle of a pistol under Brown’s feet. Brown was then ordered out of the vehicle and a Smith and Wesson .40 caliber pistol was observed along with a jar containing a crystal-like substance which resembles methamphetamine, a plastic bag containing crystals that appeared to be methamphetamine and a Galaxy Note 5 cell phone. All these items were on the floorboard. Detectives removed the items from the vehicle and the pistol was found to be loaded with 10 rounds. The crystal-like substance in the plastic bag tested positive for methamphetamine and weighed about 11 grams. Todd Alva Sarver, 35, of 200 Pennock Drive Beverly, was placed under arrest and charged with possession of methamphetamine. Damion Anthony Brown, 27, of 39 Watertown Road, Waterford, was placed under arrest and charged with possession of methamphetamine and improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle.
• On Friday, a deputy responded along with the Little Hocking Volunteer Fire Department to 2220 Federal Road, Little Hocking, to a vehicle fire. The fire was extinguished and the truck was a total loss.
• A deputy was dispatched to 117 Morningside Drive, Marietta, on Thursday for a 911 call. Jaime Woomer said Chadwick L. Smearman came to the residence and said he was homeless and had not eaten in a while so she allowed him in the residence to wait for a ride. Woomer said she and Smearman began arguing and Smearman pushed her up against a couch then followed her to the bedroom and pushed her into a dresser and closet. Smearman then left the residence. Chadwick Lynn Smearman, 38, of 121 Cullen Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and probation violation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Caylen Kyshal White, 34, of 4100 E. 64th St., Cleveland, was arrested for driving under suspension and speed, misdemeanors.
• Bruce Allen Stover, 69, of 133 Johnson Creek Road, Parkersburg, was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
• Chadwick Lynn Smearman, 38, of 121 Cullen Road, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence and probation violation, both misdemeanors.