•The Washington County Sheriff’s Office received a phone call from OnStar on Wednesday regarding the location of a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was reported to be at 1145 Walsh Road, Vincent. The Parkersburg Police Department confirmed they had a report for this stolen vehicle and the suspect was Zachary Phillip Schoolcraft. The deputy also learned Schoolcraft had multiple active arrest warrants, through the Ohio State Highway Patrol, Belpre Police Department, WCSO and West Virginia. Multiple officers responded to the Walsh Road address and noted the vehicle in the driveway. The homeowner gave consent to search, along with verification that Schoolcraft was inside the residence. Once inside, Schoolcraft was located trying to hide behind a tall bookcase and the wall. A search found him in possession of a baggie containing a crystal substance, which he admitted was methamphetamine. Also found in his possession was a small straw, with a crystal substance, believed to be methamphetamine. Two syringes were located near where Schoolcraft was hiding. While the stolen vehicle was being processed by Parkersburg Police Department detectives, a Par Mar Gas Station receipt was located. A video from the gas station showed Schoolcraft with the stolen vehicle. Zachary Phillip Schoolcraft, 27, of 1114 Walsh Road, Vincent,was placed under arrest and charged with tampering with evidence, receiving stolen property, possession of drugs, fugitive from justice, possession of drug abuse instruments and illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Wednesday, a deputy was dispatched for a welfare check on a subject from Morgan County. Eric Lane Reed, 39, of 4835 Madison Run Road, Stockport, was located and found to be in possession of firearms in his motor vehicle. Reed was placed under arrest and charged with improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• David Eric West, 37, of 35 Aqua Circle, Parkersburg, was arrested for aggravated possession of drugs, aggravated trafficking; carrying a concealed weapon and improperly handling a firearm in a motor vehicle, all felonies.
• Emmett Joseph Mascha, 22, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Sharon Jean Miller, 45, of 1114 Walsh Road, Vincent, was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
• Zachary Phillip Schoolcraft, 27, of 1114 Walsh Road, Vincent, was arrested for tampering with evidence, receiving stolen property and possession of drugs, felonies, OVI, driving under the influence >.10%, two counts of no operator’s license, fugitive from justice theft, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, possession drug abuse instruments and illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
• Rodney Dakota Hill, 18, of 13228 State Route 555, Cutler, was arrested for receiving stolen property, a felony.
• Eric Lane Reed, 39, of 4835 Madison Run Road, Stockport, was arrested for improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle, a felony.
• Trista Ann Oliver, 25, of 619 10th St. (upstairs), Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
• Justin Tyler Gibbs, 27, of 515 Smith St., Marietta, was arrested for possession of drugs, two counts, both felonies.
• Victor Branham Whittekind, 31, of 212 Maple St., Marietta, was arrested for driving under suspension and improper lane usage, both misdemeanors.
• James Travis Hasley, 40, of 516 Smith St., Marietta, was arrested for aggravated possession of drugs, a felony.
• Delbert Daniel Cain, 43, of 100 Simpson St., Marietta, was arrested for aggravated trafficking in drugs, a felony, driving under OVI suspension and possession of drug abuse instruments, misdemeanors.
• Brianna Renee Nicole Hanshaw, 20, of 871 Battles Ave., Akron, was arrested for probation violation, a felony, driving under suspension and speed, misdemeanors.