• While on patrol Tuesday, a deputy located a vehicle parked beside the Dollar General Store, 10200 State Route 60, Lowell, and made contact with a male and female that were loading items into the back of the Dodge Durango. The subjects were identified as Shawn Lent and Teri Lent. It was found that they both had suspended licenses. The license plate on the Durango belonged on a different vehicle, which expired in 2015. Teri reported that she drove to this location knowing the plates were fictitious and that she had no license. The deputy observed inside the vehicle a black rolling cart, a baking rack, and some cardboard boxes, which they advised were taken from beside the store, however, stated the rest of the items were from their family’s property or dumpsters. Dollar General personnel stated that no one had permission to take the items beside the business.
A search also revealed two baggies of methamphetamine, two straws and a razor blade. A zipper pouch was located with a baggie of a green leafy substance, two small containers with lids, one containing a green leafy substance and one with suspected marijuana seeds. This pouch also contained a baggie of suspected methamphetamine and a glass smoking pipe with suspected marijuana residue. Teri Ann Lent, 45, of 11540 State Route 339, Vincent, was placed under arrest, charged with illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, theft, and aggravated possession of drugs. Shawn David Lent, 45, of 11540 State Route 339, Vincent, was placed under arrest for aggravated possession of drugs, trafficking in drugs, drug paraphernalia, and possession of marijuana. Both subjects were transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• Deonta Dotson, of 1366 Patten Mills Road, Cutler, reported a lost/stolen license plate on Sunday. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to the Marietta Soccer Fields on River Road in Devola Sunday for a report of subject(s) doing damage to the parking lot. This case remains under investigation.
• Deborah Cain, of 107 Race St., Marietta, reported items taken from her home on Sunday. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to 1756 Barth Road, Belpre, on Monday for a domestic dispute incident. Beth Moyers said her brother, Paul Christopher, was acting belligerent due to his firearms being removed from the residence by the sheriff’s office. Christopher said he was yelling at his parents because they had his firearms removed from the home, and he believed Moyers was turning his parents against him. They said Christopher was screaming at them, stating “I’m done with you, I’ll blow all your heads off.” All three individuals stated they were in fear for their safety. Paul Kenneth Christopher, 49, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail. While being transported, Christopher continued making comments about causing harm to the victim(s).
• A deputy responded to the Beverly Par Mar, 100 Fifth St., Beverly, on Wednesday in reference to a male subject stealing a 24-pack case of Bud Light beer, then fleeing the store. Video footage was viewed and a van matching the description of the suspect vehicle was located 30 minutes later. The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office had stopped by vehicle for various traffic offenses. The driver, identified as Samuel M. Swift, was wearing clothes matching the description given and had the same physical description as the suspect in the video. Swift admitted to taking the beer from the store. The beer was not located in the van, and Swift stated he threw it out the window somewhere in Morgan County. Samuel Morris Swift, 38, of 5070 Joseph St., Hastings, Fla., was placed under arrest for theft and transported him to the Washington County Jail.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• April Nichole Calvert, 33, of Reno, was arrested for aggravated vehicular assault, two counts, both felonies, driving while under the influence, and public indecency, both misdemeanors.
• Misty Dawn Martin, 30, of 1460 McGill Road, Vincent, was arrested for two counts of probation violation, both misdemeanors.
• David Robert Wayne Dunkle, 37, of 965 Backbun Road, Philo, was arrested for burglary, petty theft, attempted theft, burglary, petty theft, attempted theft of a firearm, theft of a motor vehicle, all felonies.
• Richard John Koon, 22, of 11192 State Route 550, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Joshua Mark Whitstine, 28, of 3645 Blue Knob Road, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Zale Kenneth Reed, 21, of 317 Third St., Beverly, was arrested for receiving stolen property, a felony.
• Paul Kenneth Christopher, 49, of 1756 Barth Road, Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence, three counts, all misdemeanors.
• Melissa Suzanne Bailey, 44, of 10262 Campbell St., Lot 47, Byesville, was arrested for driving under suspension and no seat belt, both misdemeanors.
• Teri Ann Lent, 45, of 11540 State Route 339, Vincent, was arrested for illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia and theft, both misdemeanors, and aggravated possession of drugs, a felony.
• Shawn David Lent, 45, of 11540 State Route 339, Vincent, was arrested for aggravated possession of drugs, and trafficking in drugs, felonies, drug paraphernalia, and possession of marijuana, both misdemeanors.
• Kenny Ray Shepherd, 45, of 3107 Liberty St., Parkersburg, was arrested for improper handling of firearms in a motor vehicle and having weapons while under disability, both felonies, drug paraphernalia and aggravated menacing, both misdemeanors.
• Alphonso Lesean Johnson, 29, of 1101 Colonial Drive, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Dakota O’Bryan Mulneix, 23, of 409 Sixth St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Isaac Thomas Roush, 24, of 7199 Veto Road, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Eric Lucas Weisal, 29, of 312 Park St., St. Clairsville, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Courtney Nichole Clayton, 26, of 314 John St., Belpre, was arrested for driving under suspension, and four counts of failure to appear, all misdemeanors.
• Reginald Terrel Sims, 28, of 124 Tennis Center Drive, Apt. 1B, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Sean Michael Haverty, 28, of 7949 Lost Pavement Road, Bellville, W.Va., was arrested for drug paraphernalia and possessing drug abuse instruments, both misdemeanors.
• Walter Eugene Harrell Jr., 48, of 1449 Hudson St., Columbus, was arrested for contempt of court.
• Matthew Vernon Scott, 33, of 101 Ingleside Ave., Marietta, was arrested for permitting drug abuse and possession of heroin, both felonies.
• Dlontae Buster Tolbert, 28, homeless, was arrested for trafficking heroin, a felony.
• Alex Jacks Handschumacher, 41, of 113 Dayton Road, Marietta, was arrested for possession of heroin, a felony.
• Jacqueline Nanette Cross, 41, of 22001 Zep Road East, Sarahsville, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine, a felony.
• Courtney Marie Hardy, 30, of 356 Water St., Cambridge, was arrested for tampering with drugs, a felony.
• Brandon Paul Layman, 37, of 610 Second St., Marietta, was arrested for possession of heroin, a felony.
• Nathan Scott Tewkesbury, 34, was arrested for two count of petty theft and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.
• Perry Alfred Judson, 19, of 2301 Moody Ridge Road, Vincent, was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Chase Luther Wyi Simmons, 34, of 1231 Third St., Portsmouth, was arrested for aggravated possession of drugs, a felony.