• On Thursday, Major Crimes Task Force agents, along with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office Special Response Team, executed a search warrant at a motel in Marietta. Agents made contact with Shawn Gates Jr. and Taylor Parker inside the room. Gates did not comply with orders given by officers and resisted arrest. A paper fold of white powder, suspected of being heroin, was located near where Gates was arrested and baggies were located in Parker’s purse along with cash in Parker’s waistband. Shawn Allen Gates Jr., 21, last known address 132 W. Crosier St., Akron, was placed under arrest on three outstanding warrants, and trafficking in heroin, a fourth-degree felony. Upon arrival at the Washington County Jail, Gates admitted to swallowing an unknown item.
Taylor McKenna Parker, 24, last known address 1055 Berwin St., Akron, was placed under arrest for possession of criminal proceeds, a fifth-degree felony. After arriving at the Washington County Jail, Parker voluntarily surrendered a small bag containing suspected marijuana that she had concealed on her person.
• On Tuesday, Marietta Municipal Court Probation Officers were conducting a home visit at 124 Tennis Center Drive, Apt. 1D, Marietta, the residence of Reginald Sims. Assistance was requested as Sims was not cooperating with officers at the scene. Officers were eventually able to enter the apartment through a sliding glass door, at which time Sims was observed on the second floor, refusing to come down, despite commands. Eventually, Sims did come down and was placed in handcuffs. A search of the residence began, at which time Sims tried to flee the home. He was again restrained, before attempting to flee again. Reginald Terrel Sims, 28, was later transported to the Washington County Jail on charges of obstructing official business. The MPO officers also placed a probation violation holder on Sims.
• A deputy responded to Belpre Township Thursday for a possible domestic incident. In speaking with all parties this was determined to be unfounded.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Brian Keith McKinney, 33, of 408 Gallager St., St. Marys, W.Va., was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Russell Stazel Burkhammer, Jr., of 1023 Third St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Shawn Allen Gates, 21, homeless, was arrested for aggravated possession of drugs and trafficking in drugs, felonies, driving under suspension and wrongful entrustment of a motor vehicle, misdemeanors.
• Taylor McKenna Parker, 24, of 200 Butler Court, Akron, was arrested for receiving proceeds of an offense subject to forfeiture, a felony.
• David Arwin Michael Carroll, 33, of 106 Skyview Circle, Marietta, was arrested for FTA nonsupport, out of VanWert County, a felony.
• Christopher Leonard Lott, 37, of 150 Camelot Road, Lot 28, Belpre, was arrested for possession of heroin and aggravated possession of drugs, both felonies.