Church to offer
St. Paul’s Evangelical Church will be presenting a GriefShare, a two-hour program designed to help grieving people deal with grief during the holiday season and hear the gospel message. The program will be at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 3, in the church parish hall (social room), located at 401 Fifth St., Marietta.
For reservations and more information: Carolyn Becker at 740-585-2087 or the Rev. Phillip Ross at 740-373-3757.
Christmas Day Feast volunteer meeting
The third meeting of volunteers for Christmas Day Feast 2016 will be held at 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 13, in the Marietta First Presbyterian Church fellowship hall, Fourth and Wooster Street.
Topics of discussion will include gearing up to serve estimated 500 guests or deliveries, menu items — dinner rolls, stuffing, casserole dishes, salads, deliveries service, responsibilities for set ups, dishwashing, clean up, finding a Gravy Chef, reviewing the new publicity poster draft, donations.
For more information, contact Bruce Edward Haas, project manager, at 740-629-1277.
Church to host
There will be a pancake breakfast on Sunday, Nov. 6, from 8 a.m to 2 p.m. at the Lower Salem Community Hall, Lower Salem. The menu will consist of pancakes, french toast, eggs, sausage, and much more. Cost is freewill donation. The breakfast is sponsored by the Lower Salem UMC Trustees and proceeds go to help with repairs on the church.
Workshop looks at grief and holidays
“Surviving the Holidays” — GriefShare’s one session seminar designed to help those who are grieving the loss of a loved one, Thursday, Nov. 17, at Gilman United Methodist, 312 Gilman St., 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. in fellowship hall. This same seminar will also be offered again on Saturday, Nov. 19, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Pre-register for either seminar by calling the church: 740-373-6478 or 740-373-8643.
Free community meals
– 5 to 6 p.m., first Tuesday of each month, at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 320 Second St., Marietta.
– 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., fourth Tuesday of every month, First Presbyterian Church, corner of Fourth and Wooster streets, Marietta.
– Daily Bread Kitchen, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., every Wednesday, at St. Mary’s K of C Hall, 312 Franklin St., Marietta.
– 5 to 6:30 p.m., second Thursday of each month, at Tunnel United Methodist Church, Ohio 550 and Coffman Road, Marietta.
– Free community meal, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., first Friday of each month, at Christ United Methodist Church, 301 Wooster St., Marietta; free home-cooked meal served in fellowship hall; all are welcome; no charge, donations accepted; for more information, go to www.christumcmarietta.org or call 740-373-1512.
– 5 to 6:30 p.m., second Friday of each month, at The First Unitarian Universalist Church, 232 Third St.; everyone welcome; fellowship hall is accessible and meals offer a variety of healthy choices; for more information, 740-373-1238.
– 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., second and fourth Saturday of every month, First Baptist Church, 301 Fourth St., Marietta.
– 5 to 6:30 p.m., third Friday of every month, at Norwood United Methodist Church, 23 Colegate Drive, Marietta — Oct. 21, Nov. 18, Dec. 16.
– 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., third Saturday of each month, Faith United Methodist Church, 503 Seventh St., Marietta.
– “Caring and Sharing” free community lunch, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., second and fourth Saturday of each month, at First Baptist Church, Marietta.