Vacation Bible School
“SHIPWRECKED,” theme of Vacation Bible School at Pine Grove Baptist Church, from July 30 to Aug. 3; each evening from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Contact the church for questions and pre-registration for this event at 304-464-4853.
“Time Lab – Discovering Jesus from Eternity Past to Eternity Future!” – theme of Vacation Bible School at Moss Run Community Church, from June 20, 21 and 22, each evening from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.; for children ages 2 to 13; bible lessons, singing, refreshments, crafts, memory verses, science experiments and more; church is located 10 miles out Ohio 26 on the right.
“GAME ON,” theme of Vacation Bible School at North Hills Baptist Church, 108 Stonecrest Drive, Marietta, from July 16, 17 and 18; each evening from 6 to 8 p.m.; call 740-374-7156 for any questions and pre-registration.
“Good Samaritan Free Meal and Clothing Giveaway,” 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., third Saturday of every month, at Faith United Methodist Church, 503 Seventh St., Marietta.
Good News from Christ, radio program, 10 a.m., every Sunday, on WMOA-1490 AM; and on the church website: www.christumcmarietta.org.
H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Endure) — H.O.P.E. is a support group for those who have lost a family member, friend or co-worker to suicide; meetings are the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 5:30 p.m. at The River Family Christian Center, 19025 State Route 339 Waterford; for more information: LeeAnnPrice at 740-350-3365.
Community luncheon, June 6, at Barlow Presbyterian Church from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Menu is mashed potatoes with hamburger gravy or sausage gravy, toast, vegetables and desserts. Location is Ohio 550 and Warrior Drive.
Live the Adventure – Royal Rangers, an activity based program for boys and young men in grades kindergarten to 12th grade, will be offered Wednesday nights from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Fort Harmar’s River of Life Assembly of God Church, located at 200 Franklin St. in Marietta. Royal Rangers teaches boys to have fun while learning leadership skills. It’s a merit based program, camping, rope craft, tool craft, archery, computers, sports and many others. For more information, contact Commander Rick Dostal at firstname.lastname@example.org, 740-885-8151, or the church, Pastor George Gaston, 740-374-8967.
Christ United Methodist Church United Methodist Women (UMW) has two Circles: an afternoon Circle that meets on the third Thursday of each month at 12:30 p.m. and an evening Circle that meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.; new members welcome.
Free Clothing Closet, 9 to 11 a.m., second and fourth Thursday of each month, at Waterford Church of The Nazarene, 111 Marquis Ave., Waterford; good, clean clothing of all sizes available.
Free community meals
– 5 to 6 p.m., first Tuesday of each month, at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 320 Second St., Marietta.
– 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., fourth Tuesday of every month, First Presbyterian Church, corner of Fourth and Wooster streets, Marietta.
– Daily Bread Kitchen, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., every Wednesday, at St. Mary’s K of C Hall, 312 Franklin St., Marietta.
– 5 to 6 p.m., second Thursday of each month, Tunnel United Methodist Church, Ohio 550 and Coffman Road, Marietta. Handicapped parking is available in the upper parking lot by the church entrance. To request to have a meal delivered within a five-mile radius, leave a message at 740-374-5634.
– Free community meal, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., first Friday of each month, at Christ United Methodist Church, 301 Wooster St., Marietta; free home-cooked meal served in fellowship hall; all are welcome; no charge, donations accepted; for more information, go to www.christumcmarietta.org or call 740-373-1512.
– 5 to 6:30 p.m., second Friday of each month, at The First Unitarian Universalist Church, 232 Third St.; everyone welcome; fellowship hall is accessible and meals offer a variety of healthy choices; for more information, 740-373-1238.
– 5 to 6 p.m., third Friday of every month, at Norwood United Methodist Church, 23 Colegate Drive, Marietta.
– 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., third Saturday of each month, Faith United Methodist Church, 503 Seventh St., Marietta.
– Beverly United Methodist Church community lunch, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., the last Saturday of each month; church is handicapped accessible; call ahead for carryout at 740-984-2100.
The Saint Vincent de Paul Society accepts donations of clean, used furniture or bedding. They also accept used appliances in good working order. These items are given free to families in need. Call their helpline at 740-376-1334 and a member will meet you at their storage bin or pick up the items at your home.
The Religion calendar appears each Saturday on the Focus on Faith page. Information to appear in the Religion calendar can be e-mailed to email@example.com; submitted through the Virtual Newsroom at The Times’ website, www.MariettaTimes.com (click on “Submit News”); mailed to The Marietta Times, 700 Channel Lane, Marietta, Ohio, 45750, Attention: Claire Heiby; or faxed to 740-376-5475. For questions, call Heiby at 740-373-2121, ext. 537. Deadline for information to be received is noon Monday for that Saturday’s edition.