Summer’s a good time to get out and take in the music
Music truly is in the air during a Mid-Ohio Valley summer.
Local communities recently kicked off their summer music series and we urge readers to get out and enjoy local talent while also taking advantage of our beautiful parks and rivers.
The lineup for the series’ each week can be found in The Marietta Times, but here’s a breakdown of when, and where, the weekly concerts take place:
- Williamstown Music in the Park, Tomlinson Park, Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
- Music by the River, Civitan Park, Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m.
- Music in the Park (Marietta), Muskingum Park Gazebo, Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Artsbridge Summer Music Series, Parkersburg City Park, Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Music on the Levee (Marietta), Fridays and Saturdays, 7 to 9 p.m.
Thanks to the groups behind these series – the Belpre Women’s Club, Artsbridge, Marietta Welfare League, Marietta Tiger Touchdown Club – and others who schedule and organize the concerts. Which, by the way, are free to the public – just one more reason to get out and enjoy an evening of music outdoors.