Stay in the game over the winter
The weather may have turned snowy and blustery of late, but that doesn’t mean your family’s fun and games need to go into hibernation.
There’s lots of fun, physical activity to be had – all you have to do is sign up. There’s something for all ages. Here’s just a sampling:
– Marietta Elks Lodge #477 will sponsor a local free throw contest for kids Jan. 4, 2013, at Ewing School. On that day, more than 3 million children nationwide will participate in contests in their towns. It’s all part of the Elks commitment to America’s youth. Call (740) 629-4867 to sign up.
– Marietta College is sponsoring a softball clinic for kids in grades 9 to 12 Sunday, Jan. 12. The clinics will focus on pitching and conditioning. Call 376-4668 to sign up.
– The Barlow Vincent Pee Wee Basketball Association is sponsoring a tournament for fifth- and sixth-grade girls the weekend of Jan. 10. Go to firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
– Marietta’s recreation department is forming winter co-ed and women’s volleyball leagues right now. Call 373-1616 to find out more.
– Marietta is also forming a men’s winter basketball league.
Keep an eye on The Marietta Times for more opportunities to stay in the game this winter.