Unused medication is a serious danger
Expired, unused, unwanted medication is a danger in more ways than one. It’s a hazard to children and pets who can be poisoned if they accidentally ingest medication. Flushing unwanted medication down the toiled or sink endangers the environment because that medication can release toxins into our water and soil.
Not to mention the danger of such medication being stolen and sold illegally.
It’s for these reasons that Medication Take Back Day is sponsored each year and today, Saturday, Oct. 28, unused, unwanted drugs will be collected at a variety of sites in Washington County from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
– Belpre Senior Center
– The corner of Second and Putnam streets in Marietta
– White Oak Pharmcay in Barlow
– Fort Frye High School in Beverly
– Buckeye Hills/Area Agency on Aging in Reno
– Devola Medical Center Parking Lot in Devola
– Hardwood Components Inc. in New Matamoras
We must all do our part to protect our families and our community. Sort your medications and safely dispose of those you no longer want or need.