Thanks to all who furnished desserts for ceremony
Washington County’s Civil War training camp, Camp Putnam, was active during the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865. During that time the women of Washington County brought baked goods and other foods to the appreciative soldiers, as noted in the local newspapers of the era. At one point, one thousand pies arrived at the camp. Saturday, April 23, 2016 again saw an outpouring of generosity and desserts from local women. Following the Camp Putnam Historic Marker dedication, a festive lunch was held for The Army of the Ohio reenactors during the living history event. The Civil War Roundtable of the Mid-Ohio Valley would like to recognize and thank the following women and organizations for their generous response to our request for desserts: Barb Moberg, Judy Piersall, Beverly Eagles Ladies Auxiliary (Connie Arnold), Daughters of the American Revolution (Nancy Riley), First Congregational Church (Debbie Gaines), Pioneer Ladies Civitan (Connie Grimes), and St. Luke’s Lutheran Church.
Jane Young, of Beverly
Leadership Team Member
Civil War Roundtable of the Mid-Ohio Valley