The following forms are available to submit information to to The Marietta Times for inclusion in our neighborhoods and lifestyles sections, or you can submit your information by our Virtual Newsroom.
The Marietta Times is happy to publish news of weddings and engagements. It is not necessary to use the forms to have wedding or engagement announcements appear in The Times. If you don't have a form, use a previously published announcement as a guide for what to include.
Tips for providing information:
• Include your name and a phone number where you may be reached during the day in case of a question about the spelling of a name or some other fact.
• Wedding announcements must include the date of the wedding. To keep published information as current as possible, information for weddings is accepted up to eight weeks after the ceremony. If more time is needed, please let us know.
• Black and white or color photographs may be used as long as they are of good quality. The photo will appear in black and white in the newspaper; we do not have the ability to publish color photographs with wedding or engagement announcements.
• Photos submitted for publication can be picked up within 10 business days after appearing in the paper. Any photos not picked up within that time are discarded. The Times will also return photos by mail if a self-addressed, stamped envelope is provided with the photo.
• Announcements should be typed or legibly written. If the announcement is handwritten, you might consider printing any names to help avoid the possibility of the names being misspelled in the newspaper.
• Announcements may be mailed to The Marietta Times, 700 Channel Lane, Marietta, Ohio 45750; dropped off at the same address; or placed in an envelope and put in the drop box by the front door after regular business hours. Information must be received by 5 p.m. Monday to appear in that Saturday's edition.
• Announcements may be submitted electronically via e-mail at email@example.com or through our Virtual Newsroom. Electronic submissions must be as plain text; we cannot open document attachments. Photographs submitted electronically must be in the JPG format.
• There is no charge for engagement or wedding announcements to appear in the paper.