The first Rivers, Trails and Ales Festival will be held in Marietta through the weekend and includes the following events:
- 9 p.m. Thursday - Event kickoff at the Marietta Brewing Company, 167 Front St.
- 9 a.m. Friday and Saturday - Event headquarters opens on the Armory lawn on Front Street, where there will be information for that day's bike rides and paddling events. Participants can pick up directions and head out on their own or meet up to go with a group at 10 a.m.
- 9 a.m. Saturday - The MOV'n Dragons will offer dragon boat rides beginning at the Marietta College boathouse on Gilman Street.
- 5 to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday - Events on the Armory lawn, broadcast live by WMOA radio, including tortoise and the hare races, bungee run tournaments, acoustic band performances, and other demonstrations.
- 7 p.m. to midnight Friday and 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. Saturday - Live music performances at various venues in downtown Marietta.
- Sunday: 10 a.m., pygmy boat parade on the Muskingum River; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., pygmy boat show on the Armory lawn; 1 p.m., paddle with pygmy boaters on the Muskingum River; 2 p.m., Muskingum River raft race.
- For information, visit www.rtafest.com