Owens completes 25 years at Solvay plant
Gregg Owens recently completed 25 years of employment with Solvay Specialty Polymers.
Owens began his career in the Research and Development Department in Boundbrook, N.J. and transferred to the Marietta plant in 1995. He is a senior process engineer. He lives in The Plains with his wife, Linda.
Employment search group series begins
Washington State Community College's free employment search group, Network Alliance, teaches the skills necessary to improve career opportunities in the Mid-Ohio Valley. It's open to the entire community, free of charge, and will begin a new seven-week series starting today.
Network Alliance is a free weekly gathering to assist and support individuals as they job hunt in the Mid-Ohio Valley. Meetings are held every Thursday morning from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Washington State's campus, room B102 of the main building.
The complete series comprises of seven weeks, and according to Karen Peters, Coordinator of Adult & Lifelong Learning, those interested can attend any number of sessions and join in on any week. The session topics and dates are as listed below.
- Week 1 (April 26): Jump-start Your Employment Search. Informational session covering available support services, education programs and relationship building.
- Week 2 (May 3): Introduction to Resumes and Cover Letters
- Week 3 (May 10): How to Better Understand Different Generations. Silent, Baby Boomers, Gen X & Gen Y.
- Week 4 (May 17): Interview Techniques
- Week 5 (May 24): Mock Interviews - Includes both telephone and in-person interviews.
- Week 6 (May 31): Social Networking - What is Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter?
- Week 7 (June 7): Series Wrap-up - Discuss any remaining questions and how to continue working with Washington County's One Stop.
Network Alliance is a community collaboration with Washington-Morgan Community Action, The Career Center - Adult Technical Training, and Washington State Community College.
- For more information: Karen Peters at 374-8716, ext. 1880, or email@example.com.
From local reports