Someone asked me the other day why I am working for Sherrod Brown. I thought about the question, and realized that I wanted to share those reasons with others who need assistance making up their mind when casting a vote in November. Sherrod is honest, caring, and will go to great lengths to answer your questions. He is one of us, the middle class, and he has never turned his back on American workers. Also he has a secret weapon, his wife, Connie Schultz, who complements this relationship. Connie and Sherrod together are the hope for women whose rights are being overtly attacked by certain groups, and who are waging an all out war against women's freedoms to make decisions about their own bodies. As a woman, I am elated that I have such a wonderful choice in the upcoming election. This is a wake- up call for women, and Sherrod knows that women's rights are human rights.
Senator Sherrod Brown is a tireless, empathetic, and more importantly a human being who has been working on issues which impact all of us who pay our fair share. One of his concerns is in the workplace where workers need protection from side effects of the products they are making which often make them sick. Trying to stop toxic releases from invading our communities promoting unhealthy environments. Those who hide behind the job loss argument know that this tactic has worked in the past, and are at it again. Do not buy it again. The Environmental Protection Agency is not the enemy. The enemy comes in a disguise using tactics such as a clean environment means the joss of jobs. This is no longer true since technology allows clean air and jobs to live side by side. Senator Sherrod Brown is aware of these tactics, and he knows the conditions workers must endure to keep their jobs. He is on our side. Here are some of the areas where Brown has been working. You may check Brown's voting record.
- Making college more affordable by cutting costs (not taking the money from health care).
- Equal rights by gender - (shattering the glass ceiling in the workplace).
- Women's right to choose.
- Supports women's health issues.
- Fighting for the middle class - SB5 - teachers, firefighters, etc.
- Backs unions.
- Health care for all Americans (not a $6,000 to $8,000 a year voucher to replace Medicare).
- Restricting carbon emissions.
- Has been trying to stop the hemorrhaging of jobs to foreign markets.
- Working to bring jobs back to all the counties in Ohio.
- Speaking out in favor of saving the post office.
- Supporting veterans in all phases of their adjustment.
I will be working for Brown between now and the November election. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to talk to many of you out there who are trying to make up your mind about who to give your vote to. I am totally convinced that Brown is the clear choice. His work as our senator has been exemplary. Sherrod Brown is the only choice in the November election.