The 18th annual Fort Frye High School National Honor Society Teacher Recognition Dinner was held on May 20, 2012, at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church in Lowell. Emilie Vandenberg, NHS president, presided. NHS senior Shelby Newsad offered the invocation. The menu included baked steak, chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, noodles, green beans, salad, rolls, and assorted pies. The meal was catered by the Women's Association of Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church and served by junior members of NHS.
Following the meal, Beth Brown, co-advisor of NHS, shared comments about leadership and the graduating seniors. Senior members of NHS then introduced teachers they had selected to honor.
Students and honored teachers are as follow:
- Ryan Bohl and Samantha Hanson - Andy Sleek.
- Joel Cox - Jeff Canterbury.
- Matt Dunbar and Elaina Eakle - Mark VonKennell.
- Josh Duskey - Tracey Huck.
- Zach Eddy - Dan Liedtke.
- Austin Huck - Stephanie Robinson.
- Stephanie Huck and Emilie Vandenberg - Judy Smith.
- Kaysi Isner - Alana Cunningham.
- Janna King - Jane Lennox.
- Jennifer Koehnle - Ken Gebhart.
- Devan Vaughn - Tara Newton.
- Jordan Lockhart - Tonya Wilder.
- Nicole Miller - Barbara Sleek.
- Shelby Newsad - Luisa Samper.
- Mikayla Pruney - Lois Spencer.
- Corey Schilling - Bobbi Webb.
- Kylie Seese - Lisa Miller.
- Ross Worthington - John Bostic.
Following the recognition of teachers, officers elected for 2012-2013 were installed by Maggie Webster, NHS co-advisor. They are as follow: president, Meg Lowe; vice president, Allie Lawrence; secretary, Christina Hemsath; treasurer, Micayla Hupp; historian, Deidra Combs. New president Meg Lowe then brought the program to a close with brief remarks.
Junior NHS members serving were Caden Brooker, Taylor Buchanan, Deidra Combs, Kyle Dew, Lexi Huck, Christina Hemsath, Courtney Huck, Micayla Hupp, Allie Lawrence, Morgan Liedtke, Meg Lowe, Victoria Mimken, Devin Thieman, Emily Tornes, and Hannah Willey.