Kent State University
KENT - Megan Ila Moore has been named to the dean's list at Kent State University in Kent for the fall semester, 2012.
To be named to the dean's list a student must be a full-time student, must complete 12 credit hrs and a 3.4 GPA or higher. Moore is the daughter of Traci and Mark Brooker of Lowell and Tom and Valerie Moore of New Matamoras.
ASHLAND - Nathaniel Sayatovich, of Mcconnelsville, is a member of the band at Ashland University.
Sayatovich is majoring in theatre education. He is the son of Terry and Vicki Sayatovich of McConnelsville. Sayatovich is a 2009 graduate of Morgan High School. Sayatovich is a member of the wind ensemble and the University band.
The Ashland University Department of Music supports the University Concert Band, The University Marching Band, Jazz Orchestra, Community Band, Wind Ensemble and several small ensembles including woodwind quintet, jazz combo, brass ensemble, flute choir and percussion ensemble. There are obviously many diverse opportunities for students to involve themselves in instrumental music and receive credit toward graduation.
State University of New York at New Paltz
NEW PALTZ, N.Y. - The State University of New York at New Paltz recently conferred over 200 graduate degrees. Lesley Wamsley, of Williamstown, was among the university's graduates.
Wamsley received a MFA in Painting-Drawing.
Wake Forest University
WINSTON SALEM, N.C. - Yang Li, of Marietta, was among over 1,900 students from Wake Forest University who made the fall 2012 dean's list.
ASHLAND - The following local residents were named to the dean's list for the 2012 fall semester at Ashland University:
- Timothy Call, of Little Hocking, is a 2008 graduate of Warren High School.
- Alicia McBride, of Stockport, is majoring in biology. She is the daughter of Roger and Joy McBride of Stockport. McBride is a 2009 graduate of Morgan High School.
- Olivia Sprague, of Fleming, is majoring in nursing. She is the daughter of Douglas and Janelle Sprague of Fleming. Sprague is a 2012 graduate of Waterford High School.
- Lindsey Tippett, of McConnelsville, is majoring in French. She is the daughter of Daniel Tippett and Tracie Huffman. Tippett is a 2009 graduate of Morgan High School.
- Marissa Uhrig, of Marietta, is majoring in computer arts graphic program and computer science. Uhrig is a 2010 graduate of Marietta High School.
To be eligible for this honor, a student must be enrolled full time and achieve at least a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
Shawnee State University
PORTSMOUTH - Jena Miley, of Caldwell, graduated with a master's degree in occupational therapy from Shawnee State University during the university's fourth annual fall commencment held Dec. 14, 2012.
NEW CONCORD - The following area students have been named to Muskingum University dean's list for the fall 2012 semester:
- Kelsey Apperson, a junior English/digital media design major from McConnelsville.
- Cortney Barker, a senior early childhood education major from Watertown.
- Courtnie Mackie, a senior humanities major from Caldwell.
- Lindsay Mullen, a junior math major from Marietta.
- Jonathan Muntz, a first-year interdisciplinary major from Woodsfield.
- Katherine Roush, a junior middle childhood education major from Vincent.
- Katherine Simms, a senior digital media design major from Waterford.
- Jendy Weppler, a senior molecular biology/chemistry major from Whipple.
To be named to the dean's list, Muskingum students must attain strictly prescribed levels of academic performance in their overall grade point average.
Columbus State Community College
COLUMBUS - Jared Lemmings, of Caldwell, and Brian Barker, of Lowell, have been named to the 2012 autumn semester dean's list at Columbus State Community College.
To be named to the dean's list, a student must achieve a grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher and be enrolled for six or more credit hours.
Jessica R. Rinard, of Marietta, has been named to the dean's list at Anderson University for the fall semester of the 2012-2013 academic year.
To be named to the dean's list, a student must earn a semester grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a scale of 4.0
Aaron Lopreste, of Belpre, has joined the Long Blue Line of graduates from Marietta College.
Lopreste finished his bachelor degree in athletic training in December. He has continued to work at Planet Fitness in Parkersburg while getting ready to take his Board of Accrediation exam.
The University of Toledo
TOLEDO - Rebecca McCallister, a psychology major and a resident of Marietta, was among the 3,000 students from The University of Toledo who were named to the fall 2012 dean's list.
The dean's list recognizes full-time undergraduate students who earn a 3.5 or above GPA for the semester.
The University of Toledo
TOLEDO - Toni Teters, an early childhood education major and a resident of Waterford, was among more than 800 students from The University of Toledo who were named to the fall 2012 president's list.
The president's list recognizes full-time undergraduate students who earn a 4.0 GPA for the semester.
The University of Akron
AKRON - Amanda Danielson, of Marietta, graduated from The University of Akron in the fall commencement ceremonies. Danielson studied Teach Train Tech Proff-nonBSTE.
The University of Akron celebrated the achievements of its newest graduates at commencement ceremonies in December at E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall, 198 Hill St. President Luis M. Proenza delivered the address at each ceremony.
CANTON - Malone University announces the dean's list for fall semester, 2012. To be named to the dean's list, one must carry a minimum of 12 credit hours and receive a grade point average of 3.5 or better.
The following local students successfully achieved this accomplishment:
- Emily Hickerson, a senior psychology major from Stockport.
- Julian Law, a senior Bible and theology major from Caldwell.
- Rebecca Perruci, a freshman zoo and wildlife biology major from Marietta.
- Whitney Petry, a freshman intervention specialist major from Caldwell.
- Matthew Wieferich, a senior Bible and theology major from Marietta.
BETHANY, W.Va. - Nicolette Frances Rea, of Williamstown, has been named to the president's list at Bethany College for the fall semester 2012-13 academic year. Rea, a junior political science major, is the daughter of Timothy and Cindy Rea.
Those named to the president's list must have achieved a perfect 4.0 grade point average while completing a minimum of 12 graded credit hours.