The 19th annual Fort Frye High School National Honor Society recognition dinner was held on April 21 at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church in Lowell. Meg Lowe, NHS president, presided. NHS senior Hannah Willey offered the invocation. The menu included baked steak, chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, noodles, green beans, salad, rolls, and assorted desserts. The meal was catered by the Women's Association of Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church and served by junior members of NHS.
Following the meal, Susan Rauch, Fort Frye High School principal, shared comments about leadership and the graduating seniors. Senior members of NHS then introduced those they had selected to honor.
Students and honored teachers:
- Caden Brooker, Paulette Tome.
- Taylor Buchanan, Mark Lane.
- Kyle Dew, Bobbi Webb.
- Christina Hemsath, Alana Cunningham.
- Hannah Willey, Alana Cunningham.
- Courtney Huck, Teresa Collins.
- Lexi Huck, Stephanie Marshall.
- Micayla Hupp, Martha Fliehman.
- Allie Lawrence, Andy Sleek.
- Meg Lowe, Ericka Schneider.
- Devin Thieman, Tanya Wilder.
- Emily Tornes, Janet Wolford.
Senior members Deidra Combs, Amber Fulford, and Morgan Liedtke were unable to attend.
Following the recognition of honored guests, officers elected for 2013-2014 were installed by Susan Rauch, Principal. They are as follow: president, Maggie Huck; vice-president, Alex Medina; secretary, Phoebe Thompson; treasurer, Brennan Schilling; historian, Abbey Tornes. New president Maggie Huck then brought the program to a close with brief remarks.
Junior NHS members serving were Maggie Huck, Sarah Klinger, Nikki Lang, Alex Medina, Abby Morgan, Brennan Schilling, Morgan Strickler, Phoebe Thompson, and Abbey Tornes.