- An officer requested a summons Wednesday for Robert D. Scoggan, 66, of 18155 State Route 550, after he locked his Chihuahua named Scrappy Doo in the trunk of his car as punishment. Scoggan claimed the dog ran away from him and that when he caught him, the dog bit him. Scoggan then put the dog in the trunk and shut the lid as punishment. The dog had been in the trunk more than 10 minutes when police arrived. Scrappy Doo was not injured and was turned over to a relative.
- Tracy M. Parker, 21 and homeless, was arrested Wednesday for driving under suspension, failure to control, and a Marietta Municipal Court warrant for contempt of court. Parker wrecked a 2007 Ford Mustang into a backhoe in the 100 block of Euclid Place while traveling at a speed estimated at 60 to 70 miles per hour. Parker fled on foot after the crash but was located by officers with the assistance of K-9 Edo. The Mustang received heavy damage and Parker sustained a cut to his head.
- Officers checked on a report Wednesday of a fight at 206 S. Fifth St.
- Rodrick D. Pettis, 25, of 803 Front St., was arrested Thursday at 217 Greene St. for criminal trespass and taken to jail.
- Brandon L. Gibbs, 21 and homeless, was arrested Thursday on three Marietta Municipal Court warrants for failing to appear for pre-trial. Gibbs, who was hiding at the rear of 100 N. Seventh St., was located by K-9 Edo and taken into custody without incident.