- An officer investigated a report Friday of possible child abuse at 1415 Lancaster St. Investigation revealed the matter was unfounded.
- Clarence E. Tullius, 47, of 111 W Montgomery St., Lot 4, was arrested Saturday at Walmart for theft after he shoplifted $359.64 of merchandise. Tullius was later released on a personal recognizance bond.
- Pamela D. Carpenter, 54, of 913 Fifth St., was arrested Saturday at Third and Wooster streets for disorderly conduct by intoxication and resisting arrest and was taken to jail.
- Devon Niceswanger, 19, of 2441 Dalzell Road, Whipple, reported Sunday he had $40 stolen while he was at Buckeye Park.
- Jeremy J. Nicholas, 35, of 705 Montgomery St., was arrested Sunday at his residence for domestic violence and taken to jail.
- Gary M. Depue, 24, of 110 Tecumseh Drive, was arrested Sunday for disorderly conduct by intoxication in the 200 block of Second Street and was taken to jail to sober up.
- A deputy investigated a report Wednesday of a damaged mailbox at 740 Dugan Road, Belpre. While en route to the scene, the deputy observed seven other mailboxes in the area that could have been damaged during the same incident.
- Renee Parker, 23, of 757 Arrowhead Road, Little Hocking, reported Thursday that she was involved in an altercation with her house mate, Michael K. Delancey, 38. The two argued over the fact that Delancey was exchanging messages with his estranged wife. During the dispute, Delancey shoved Parker, ran after her and threatened to kill her. Parker also said Delancey punched her multiple times and knocked her to the ground. Delancey was arrested for domestic violence.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
- Keith T. Whealdon, 21, of 2460 Huck Road, Lowell, was arrested Thursday for violating the terms of his probation, a felony.
- Thomas H. Bailey Jr., 49, of 83 Watson Lane, Belpre, was arrested Thursday for two felony counts of theft.
- Danielle A. Vanwey, 30, of 290 Everson Road, Belpre, was arrested Thursday for theft, a misdemeanor.
- Michael K. Delancey, 38, of 1987 Rock Run Road, St. Marys, W.Va., was arrested Thursday for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
- Daniel A. McElroy Jr., 40, of 5530 Carlton Way Apt. 3, Hollywood, Calif., was arrested Friday for being a fugitive from justice, a felony.
- Jonathon E. Brown, 33, of 501 32nd St. Lot A10, Parkersburg, was arrested Friday for two misdemeanor counts of theft.