- Shanna L. Jewell, 36, of 49 Hayes St., Parkersburg, was arrested Friday in the 100 block of N. Seventh Street for obstructing official business, driver's license suspension and expired plates after she was stopped for having expired plates. Jewell attempted to pass herself off as her sister by using her sister's information. Jewell was released on a personal recognizance bond.
- Sunshine L. Chapa, 30, of 136 Franklin St., was arrested Saturday on a Marietta Municipal Court warrant for failure to show for jail. K-9 Ajax located Chapa hiding under a pickup truck in the 100 block of Faye Avenue.
- Andrew Frisbie, of Athens, reported Saturday that his 13-foot, orange colored kayak was stolen from the east bank of the Muskingum River where he had tied it off to a tree. The value of the kayak was $300.
- Jeffrey Ritzman, of 317 Oakwood Ave., reported Saturday a burglary of his home where a laptop computer and two video game systems were taken. A 15-year-old male has been charged with the burglary after he admitted to entering the residence and stealing the items.
- Joshua L. Athey, 29, of 2606 26th Ave. Apt. 2, Parkersburg, was arrested Sunday at Walmart for theft and possession of heroin after he failed to pay for a tool bag and items he placed in the tool bag. The stolen items had a total value of $57.85.
- James T. Morgan, 20, of 820 Highland Ave., Williamstown, was arrested Sunday for a theft he committed at 106 S. Second Street. Morgan had entered a vehicle and stole several items and then stole a bicycle for a getaway vehicle. Morgan was observed at the top of the steps to the Williamstown Bridge by the victim's girlfriend who demanded the items back. Morgan complied and left the area.